Chapter 18

Samuel picked up the guy from his slobby collar and I covered my mouth with a hand when I saw his fist connect with the guy's mouth several more incredulous times again. The guy knocked down on the floor when he left his collar.

Oh god. Not again.

"You fucker. How dare you?!" He ignored me and bent down to crouch above the guy's dreadful body before pulling him by the hair to look at his face.

"Samuel- let's just-" I yelped agitatedly when he landed a punch on his mouth again.

Some people were starting to look at the scene we were causing but fortunately most of them were too drunk to notice. But that didn't stop Sam from beating him and I had to push him off of him with all my strength before the guy could receive any more bruises.

Just when I had forcefully made Sam to straighten up and managed to put as much distance between him and the guy as possible, he murmured something unintelligentable from the floor.

"What did you just say? What d-" Sam's hand immidiately transformed into a fist and he bent down to glare at him again.

"Don't," I abruptly said to him,  palming the sides of his face with my small hands. He averted his eyes from the guy to look at me. His gaze peered down to my hands which were palming his cheeks and I took them back reflexively.

He gritted his teeth and gripped my arm tightly before pulling me towards the exit doors of the club all of a sudden.

"What the fuck do you think you were doing in there?" He shot me a murderous glare once we were finally alone outside, his eyebrows knitted together in brewing anger.

I furrowed my eyebrows at his question. "What?" I asked in slight confusion.

He was pacing in front of me and breathing heavily as he made sure to glare at me from time to time. "Just look at yourself. You're never careful enough, I fucking told you!" He threw his hands at me.

Exasperation suddenly raged inside me and I gave him a startled look. "I saw the way you were dancing with him!" He growled in wrath and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "Or should I say on?"

I felt a crease form between my eyebrows as I threw him an astonished glance. "What? If you're trying to tell me that I was grinding on him then you're wrong. I barely even danced for more than a few seconds with him!"

His eyes widened in alarm and he stopped pacing to stand before me properly. "Well it looked a lot different from where I was standing. When I saw him raise his hand at you, I fucking lost it," he stated harshly. "I had to save you from that asshole. Do you even have an idea of what could have happened if I hadn't come there at the right moment?!" He spat, stressing on the word "I".

I wanted to slap him for the way he said that. As if he did a fucking favour for me. Yeah I was extremely thankful that he had pushed that jerk off of me but not so much that I would ignore his unnecessary arrogance over it.

All I had done was smile at that stupid guy. I had no idea that he would get his hands on me like that so fast. There are two types of touches in the universe: the harmless one, where you don't feel uncomfortable and the unsafe one, where you feel threatened or treacherous. And I knew I felt the latter with that guy the second he touched me.

"How dare you even try to blame me for what happened? I didn't ask you to beat the shit out of anybody. I had managed to get him off of me pretty fine thanks. You didn't need to make such a scene!" I shouted.

"I'm not blaming you. You just can't go anywhere without attracting complete douches towards you. Another stupid guy with the worst possible intentions," he scoffed in disbelief.