Chapter 40

I could feel Abigail's devious gaze all over me as I continued to cough for a few seconds before taking a deep breath in order to steady myself. That sudden unexpected question had severed me for a minute and I couldn't help the immidiate loops of thoughts that started to formed in my mind.

How does she know about my feelings? Has she asked this from anyone else yet? Did Samuel come clean to her and spill everything that he'd wanted to hide before? What the fuck am I supposed to do now?

I quickly regained my composure back as I gaped at her through my lashes, my head continuing to fill itself with more and more questions. "What?" I decided to blurt out, being at a loss for words.

Her crafty eyes gave me a once over. I could almost see the amount of loathing concealed in them now. "Have you tried anything with my boyfriend that I'm not aware about?!" She gritted her teeth menacingly.

Ask him that.

"What are you talking about?" I decided to say instead, wondering whether I should just tell the girl everything now. She deserves to know about all the doings of her boyfriend right?

Me being involved in them doesn't mean that I shouldn't tell her. Sure, I could have handled what happened in a better way, should have made sure he had broken up with her before deciding to trust him. But Sam will always be the one who made the moves first, kissed me first, confessed his feelings first. He made me believe he would cut all the ties with her.

"Oh don't you play dumb with me," she bit back, an exasperated expression begining to form on her face. "I have been watching you from a while now. And I am sure you have your eyes on my man," she snarled, stressing on the word 'my'.

I slightly raised my eyebrows at her possessive statement. Your man? I wanted to laugh at her. Oh, she was so oblivious of what her man does behind her back. "And what makes you think that?" I asked, leaning in closer.

She squinted her eyes at me, grudgingly. "I see how you look at him, the way you were staring at him at the beach. And I just caught you doing the same a few minutes ago too. It's pretty obvious that you want him," she declared bitterly.

So, apparantly she had noticed. I didn't want to deny anything but admitting to her accusation would just mean more drama, which wasn't what I wanted for tonight. "Fine, let's suppose I do. What exactly will you do? Threaten me?" I asked daringly. I wonder how far she would go for him.

She snorted rudely at my question, a malicious smirk forming on her lips. "Oh, I have heard a lot about you, Giselle," she stated, ignoring my challenging question. "Tons of nasty rumours about you. Being in the same school as your boyfriend gives you a lot of advantage in collecting information about his friends," she said.

Collecting information about us? That's kind of creepy.

I raised my eyebrows at her absurd statement, already knowing what was coming now. She was so nosy, it wasn't even a doubt anymore. "Oh I bet," I replied with ease.

Our group consisted of one of the most charmingly popular people from the school. But being popular comes with its own consequences, of course. Even though I had loads of other friends and acquaintances, there were also people who weren't my biggest fans.

Oh, no, they don't know me at all. Having a conversation or making efforts to actually get to know the person doesn't really matter to the world anymore, does it? Assumptions are the only things that surround us apparantly.

I've heard things about me from strangers that I've never even thought of in my entire life, let alone did. But I'm used to it all now, I couldn't care any less.