Chapter 43

"He knows what," I said without breaking eye contact with Samuel. This would be final. I can't keep hurting.

Samuel widened his eyes and gave me a helpless look which I instantly returned with a stubborn one. Fucking asshole. Was saying all that big stuff about fixing everything a few minutes ago and now it's as if he's forgotten he had a mouth.

If Abigail had turned out to be even more mad about this situation than she already was, I honestly wouldn't have complained. But it was only me who she was throwing every one of her words and accusations at. Only me who had to look stupid and listen to every false assumption she had made up in her mind about me. That wasn't fair.

"You know who you love Sam," Abigail suddenly decided to force his attention on herself, now probably realizing what my line meant. "You know who you want," she mumbled to him manipulatively.

I rolled my eyes. The girl didn't even yell at him for cheating on her like you'd expect her to. And still looked at him like he was the most innocent person her eyes had ever seen.

"Do it bro," Ivan surprised me by speaking up abruptly once again. "Whatever Giselle said, you can do it man. Stop hesitating," he offered him a kind look, as if he knew what I wanted him to do.

Even if he didn't, I was sure he still would have been on my side and would have said the same to anybody.

"Sam, now it's really the time to speak up. Make the right decision please," Aaron told him in a mature tone before slowly turning his head towards my direction to give me a nod that I knew said 'it'll be fine'.

How was he even processing all this so soon? This must be very weird for him, since he was one of the three who still didn't know anything but it touched my heart noticing that there wasn't a single sign of judgment in his eyes.

I tried to give Aaron and Ivan a small grateful nod in return. Vance still hadn't said a word ever since he had been here. He wasn't looking at any of us, being too busy in observing Samuel's every movement. I let out a sigh before fixating my gaze back on him.

Just as my gaze locked itself with Samuel's I felt a little startled by the look he was staring at me with because I couldn't understand it's meaning at all. It was a bit uncomfortable to watch him in such a position but he himself knew that sooner or later he needed to end all this crap. Better now before it gets too late. For me, for himself. For us. If he does it the right way, we'll all be able to go back home tonight normally and peacefully. Well, probably not Abigail but still.

If he doesn't, then...god I had a sick feeling just thinking about it. Then this might be the thing that ruins us forever. The thing that we were both always scared of. For a fact, I knew we wouldn't want to lose our friendship or lose each other. But this was life and anything can fucking happen.

Did you forget that you're just a friend and I'm the girlfriend?

Abigail's sour words rang up in my mind again as I glimpsed at her. She was standing on the other side of Samuel and staring at him with complete concentration. Will she still be this strong if she'll be the one to receive a goodbye from him?

I didn't know. I had no clue about what was about to happen, who would be the one to storm out of this room with a broken look. And heart.

"Choose," I ordered and watched Samuel close his eyes.

I felt so scared, so uneasy just to think about the answer. Because god forbid, if it doesn't turns out to be me. I had no idea what I would do if that happens. Everything negative promptly started to come up to me as I continued to think about it.

Mia already lost Travis today. What if the same happened with me? What if I wouldn't be able to handle the answer that comes out of his mouth?

My bottom lip started to slightly quiver as the daunting sound of the clock ticking somewhere inside the room continued to daze me. He was taking too much time.