Chapter 39

Travis's hands dropped from around the unknown girl's waist as he quickly sprinted towards where I was standing open mouthed in a hurry. "Mia!" He called out loudly after her but it was too late. She was already gone.

We had precedently saw what he wasn't expecting us to and from the looks of his face obviously didn't even want us to. And as much as I hated myself for thinking this, perhaps he had ruined everything.

"Giselle?" He paused right in front of me, his eyes wide and the edges of his handsome features scrunched up in total confusion. "What the hell?! Why are you guys here-"

My best friend's broken face abruptly appeared in my mind and without worrying about the consequences or even anything else in the world, I did what my mind could only think of doing at the moment.

I slapped him. Hard.

"How dare you?" I gritted my teeth in anger, glaring at him straight in the eye in utter disappointment. My own heart aching at the thought of what I'd thought him capable of being.

Travis's hand flew to touch the place I'd hit on his now reddened cheek as his neck snapped to gape at me in sudden horror. "Oh my god. Giselle, no! I s-swear it wasn't what it looked like, you don't-" he stuttered as if he was unable to form the right words, his expression frightened. "I wasn't-"

I pressed my lips together furiously and stopped him with a sharp hand. "Save it," I told him indignantly.

"I never thought you of all people would be the one who'd do something like this! You're such a freaking-" my hands balled up into fists as I shook my head at his terrified expression in complete shock yet exhaustion, being at a loss for words. "Just get the fuck away from my face now before I fucking slam your head on a-"

He covered my mouth with a brisk hand. "She is my sister," he told me curtly when I raised my hand in order to push him away from me.

"What?" I mumbled, suddenly widening my eyes in response causing him to run a hand through his hair in frustration.

"The girl you saw me with, she's my sister," he said bitterly. "I didn't realize why you both were looking at me like that before but I do now! I don't even know why the hell are you here at this club in the first place but when I saw that expression on Mia's face..." he trailed off as if almost in pain.

I covered my mouth with a hand as everything suddenly started to make sense. She was his sister! Oh my god and I just slapped him. Fuck!

"I can't believe you would think this low of me, that she," his eyes looked over towards the direction Mia had previously disappeared into. "That she took a second to think that I'd cheat," he clenched his jaw.

I touched his arm quickly in comfort, my eyes still enlarged and alert. "My god, I am so so sorry, Travis! I shouldn't have-"

"It's okay. I need to look for her first," he interuppted me in a rush and gazed down at me. "She had looked so...I can't imagine what she...oh god what the fuck are you guys even doing here?" He covered one of his ears with a finger and shouted over the obnoxious music.

"We uh...um what are you doing here?" I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling perplexed by his weird question.

"What do you mean?" He gave me a puzzled look in return. "This is my dad's place, I'm fucking working for him tonight. My sister was in the city so I thought I'd bring her here to spend some time with her," he explained, his eyes now floating around for something unknown behind me.

I opened my mouth and then closed it, not being able to process this information. Of course, that's why he was here! This was the club where he was supposed to be working at tonight! Gosh, we were so stupid to jump to the worst conclusion without asking him first.