Chapter 42

Giselle's POV

The creaky sound of the door opening made my eyelids flutter slightly open before causing me to roll over to one side of the bed and letting them close once again. Light footsteps neared me after a few seconds and I felt myself stir uncomfortably.

"Mia?" I muttered in a jaded voice and sat up straight immidiately when I realized the reason for the disturbance.

My gaze fell upon her small frame, still covered with the gleaming dress from last night and I knitted my eyebrows together at the lamentable way she looked. Lips dry and parted, mascara smudges around her droopy and devastatingly exhausted looking eyes, hair all ruined and puffy.

With her eyes on the floor, she slowly made her way towards the bed and carefully sat down in front of me, her hands fidgeting anxiously in her lap as if she didn't know what to do with them. I caught a glimpse of the clock hanging above the tv and raised an eyebrow when I saw the time.

11:58 am.

"Fucking hell, where were you?" I opened my mouth to yell but resisted the urge to scold her when I noticed that she was sobbing to herself quietly. Everything that happened a few hours ago dawned upon me quickly and I felt my eyes soften instantly.

"Shit, Mia. Are y-you okay? Fuck, of course you're not but what happened, why are you crying? Oh my god, don't cry please. Where is Travis-"

I jumped over to her and hastily wrapped my arms around her body protectively, remembering how I had fallen alseep in our room while waiting for Travis and her to return from wherever they had disappeared to after having a full blown argument session in the corridor outside.

She never returned after she'd ran after him.

"He broke up with me," she croaked out, covering her mouth with a hand to control her unwatchable sobs, the most painful expression I had ever seen on her face.

I widened my eyes at her unbelievable statement and watched as she shrunk more into the bed from complete affliction. "What?!" I shouted in an appalled voice.

"He said he never expected this from me, that seeing Aaron and I like that broke his heart and that he never wants to see my face again, I-" she cried in a strained voice as if even opening her mouth was hurting her. "He was s-so angry, Giselle. I broke his heart...it's all my fault," she looked at me with tormenting eyes and sniffed.

"Oh my god, no, don't say that. He'll be alright, I'm sure he was just-"

"We are leaving tonight, you do remember that right?" She reminded me in a dreadful tone and I swallowed as I realized that today was supposed to be our last day here before we go back to San Francisco.

Fuck.

I didn't remember this at all. Holy shit, I thought we still had more time. We can't go back like this for fuck's sake.

"Drunk or not, I cannot believe I let myself be so freaking stupid, I am literally the worst person ever. He hadn't even done anything and I just HAD to make assumptions and create so much trouble for everyone," she snapped, trying to wipe her tears with shaky hands. "Why am I like this Giselle? Why do I always end up hurting everyone?"

I shook my head at her words, tightening my comforting hold on her body. "You don't hurt anyone, Mia-"

"No, I knew something like this would happen...look what I did Giselle, I hurt two of my closest people at the same time. Aaron, twice. I shouldn't have been so reckless, why did I have to run away in the first place? I ruined the whole night and I'm sure Travis hates me now," she continued blabbering pausing once or twice in the middle to wipe her eyes again and again.