Chapter 20

After taking a peaceful hot shower, Mia and I were both fresh and ready to finally leave now considering we still had a few minutes to spare.

We had both dressed ourselves up in army patterned cargo shorts and cute spaghetti tops which clinged to our chests solidly. I was wearing the same white one from the morning while had chosen a plain black one instead.

We were sitting casually on the bed, her hand resting in mine as I continued to work on her nails in boredom. Painting nails had always been like more of a therapy for me. Mia wasn't the biggest fan of the art though. She doesn't bother and rather likes to keep her hands unpolished most of the time. How mundane.

"Oh my god," I suddenly raised my voice realizing that I still hadn't told her anything at all about last night. She immidiately peeked up at me, her eyes turning bright and alarmed.

"What? Is it the colour? I told you we should have gone with hot pink!" She declared in mild frustration.

I covered my mouth with a swift hand, dropping hers on her lap and shook my head in refusal at her assumption. "No no it's just that it totally slipped my mind that I've been meaning to tell you something really big," I shrieked in absolute exhilaration. She continued to shoot me a startled look.

"Oh what is it?" She repeated in a rush, scooting closer to me.

"SAMUEL KISSED ME ARGHHH!" I squealed at her in excitement and watched as her eyes widened even more and her mouth formed a perfect O.

"What the-"

"Holy shit I can't believe I forgot to tell you everything that happened!" I screamed loudly, an amused laugh rippling through my body as I struggled to calm the nerves which were throbbing uncontrollably inside me in anticipation.

"I-" Mia was gaping up and down at me open mouthed. "I swear to freaking god if you don't start talking in two seconds I will explode- all the details now!" She shouted, clearly not being able to control herself.

And I told her everything that took place yesterday. And by everything, I meant literally everything. All the conversations between him and I that she didn't get the opportunity to listen. Every keen sentence that had fallen from that mouth of his. Funnily enough, I even demonstrated what kind of kiss we did. All the while I'd been speaking Mia just stayed drop dead silent and eagerly tried to process every word. Let's just say after I was finished, her jaw was practically on the floor.

"Are you breathing?" I tilted my head and tapped her shoulder in amusement.

She blinked, chuckling slightly as if she was clearing her head to form a coherent reply. "I just can't believe this. I mean. Wow I-" She murmured, still looking exceedingly shocked by this information. "You have waited so long for this. And it finally has happened. Wow. I am so happy for you," she pulled me in a warm hug, wrapping her arms around me tenderly.

"Thank you," I smiled at her words, rubbing her back with my palm in a comforting manner.

"So so...what are you gonna do now? Oh wait what about Abigail?!" She pulled out of the hug to demand curiously.

"I don't know," I sighed. "Everything happened so quickly that we couldn't really discuss anything properly last night. Vance interrupted us. Once again," I rolled my eyes in half annoyance and she cackled. "But yes he did say he will break it off with her."

"As he should. He must have known you won't go any further than this if he didn't assure you," she noted and I simply nodded along. "Is everyone else aware about this?"

I pressed my lips together and shook my head at her question. "No," I answered quietly. "I don't think Sam wants anyone to know yet," I stated causing her to furrow her eyebrows at my revelation.