Chapter 14

"What? You never mentioned you had a boyfriend," Sam widened his eyes, shocked as he heard this. His perplexed eyes darting from me to Jordan.

"Well, I don't tell you a lot of things," I replied with a new playful attitude which made Jordan snort in mock amusement at him. "Forgive me, I've been hiding this from a while. But it's finally time I let you guys know about my relationship," I mumbled, moulding my expression into a fake guilty one.

"Are you kidding me? Is this some sort of a weird joke y'all are playing now?" Sam ignored the two of us and turned to glance at everyone else who were silently watching the three of us. Nathan and Mia looked at me in pure amusement, picking up that this was merely a joke to mess with Sam. On the other hand, Aaron and Vance seemed unamused by this.

"This isn't a joke. I know it's pretty hard to digest that I'm not available anymore but come on Sam, at least pretend to smile a little," I teased and he raised an eyebrow at my daring statement.

"You're funny," he grunted and I let out a chuckle at his sour expression. "Alright fine. So when did this boyfriend of yours even show up here?"

"Today. He wanted to surprise me apparantly," I gushed in a swooning voice and he folded his arms across his chest as he took a minute to observe him properly.

"You all..chill with this?" Sam shook his head from side to side, turning sideways to take a glimpse of everyone else. It was clear he'd figured out how much older Jordan looked and wasn't the least bit pleased with that.

"Oh yeah totally. We were just talking, he's a cool dude," Nathan waved a nonchalant hand off at him, playing along easily.

A grim line formed over Samuel's mouth when he heard his unbothered reply. He whipped his head to look back in our direction and cleared his throat. "Oh okay I see. So why keep this a secret?" He nodded at me, lifting his chin slightly upwards in question.

"I wanted to tell you, I really did. I just wasn't..ready yet," I said defensively, trying to resist a faint smirk as I reminded him of the same words he'd thrown at me for Abigail.

He pursed his lips at me and shifted his weight from one foot to other, looking like I'd just offended him with the worst possible line ever and simply started to rub his forehead. "What's wrong big guy? Don't approve of me?" Jordan suddenly spoke up, putting his free hand into his pocket as he studied his movements with an entertained look.

"Are you making fun of me?" Samuel narrowed his eyes at his stance and took a step closer towards us. "Giselle can make her own decisions, I'm sure she wouldn't like anyone to interfere in her business. I am just surprised to see this new thing, that's all."

Jordan smiled intimidatingly at him. "Oh she loves me. Maybe try looking more happy for her right? Let's just say I don't like to see her upset so watch the comments," He challenged.

Samuel opened his mouth to reply but Nathan interuppted him by saying something. Jordan peered down at me and I shot him a knowing smile. "If by any chance this boy wants you, jealousy will be eating him on the inside," he snorted in a low voice. "What do you say we step up the game?" He suggested and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his shrewd ideas, an almost inaudible laugh escaping my lips.

"Babe stop, you know what those words do to me," I raised my voice and wrapped my hands around Jordan who didn't waste any time in transforming his expression into that of false adoration. "I missed you."

"Not more than I did," he cooed, rubbing soft circles on my back. I tried to steal a peek at Sam who was staring at two of us in disgust, an uncomfortable expression making its way onto his face. It could also be possible that he just didn't approve of us because of our age difference.