Chapter 6

After a long and relaxing full night's sleep, Mia and I woke up and ordered some food in the room. I was surprised when I noticed that we both had slept the whole morning.

She seemed really hyped about going swimming like always and went to check in on the guys in their room to see what they were upto only to find out that had already gone to the pool. They didn't even text us or anything which was expected.

Mia said she could make out where they'd gone to from the mess they created in the room but the piles of unwanted swimming trunks and towels were enough to realize the answer. "Mhm mhm," Mia mused as her chocolate brown eyes went up and down my body admiringly. "You look-"

I looked at my reflection in the mirror on our room's wall and interuppted her. "Do you think it's too much?" I muttered, adjusting the straps of my hot pink coloured one piece swimsuit that I had bought a while ago but never wore it.

"Too much? Literally shut up are you even looking at yourself? You look so hot," she scolded me, shifting closer to where I stood to get a better look. I beamed and thanked her with a quick smile. I wasn't very used to wearing swimsuits or bikinis because I hardly ever went swimming. I knew I wasn't the best at it and it only made it rougher to see how much Mia and the boys enjoyed the sport.

"I wish you liked swimming more. I swear I would take you along to beaches and pools all summer," she frowned, mirroring my thoughts.

"It's not that I don't like swimming. I just can't swim like you guys no matter how much I try to learn," I responded in a frail voice.

"Maybe if you'd learned it as a kid then it would have been easier," she let out a sigh, pushing her hair back from her face before grabbing sunscreen and lotion. I shrugged at her words. She was dressed into a solid burgundy bikini and looked just as stunning as me without a doubt. "Well maybe Sam could teach you sometime," she added not so subtly after a moment.

"You just want me to embarrass myself and roast me after. No thanks," I squinted my eyes at her playful smirk and she cackled to herself.

Before I knew we were both ready and making our way towards the pool downstairs. It took us a few minutes longer than it should have but we found the place at last and let's just say I just admired the hotel a lot better after I stepped into it. Fortunately it wasn't very crowded but still a few guests looked more than keen on getting the perfect tan.

I had to admit that I was nervous. This had never been my thing but they always convince me and I can't help but join. Just going to pray I don't end up making a fool out of myself this time and just stay focused on relaxing. "Come on," Mia pulled me towards her and I shook my worries away in order to follow her.

The swimming pool was broad and inviting. The blazing sun over our heads definitely made it easier to want to jump into the water. Parasols and beach chairs were sprawled around the edges of the lido. Kids were running and splashing water near a separate smaller pool which was especially made for their age.

"Wow alright I'm going to get drinks. Be right back," Mia declared and I watched her stroll towards the bar gracefully before returning my gaze towards the water.

To my surprise I was suddenly met with a very familiar pair of ardent eyes. Sam was leaning against the poolside casually, his lips twitching to form a smile as he noticed my stare on him right away and messed up his dark curls to get rid of the water on them. His arms hanging over the pool ladder as he stood in front of it. I tried not to look away when I caught his eyes practically bulge out of his sockets as he took a moment to eye my outfit.

I slowly unwrapped the towel from around my waist purposely in order to tease him more. Then casually hung it on the hanger next to me. He made it quite obvious that he was trying not to stare so hard but it wasn't everyday I dress into a swimsuit, do I? I watched as his gaze slowly scanned my body up and down once. Then twice.