Occupation

Shawn's POV:
The next morning I awoke to my status screen.

<Status>
Name: Shawn Lucifer Swan
Age:18
Species: Human
Level: 2 (0/320 Xp until Level 3)
Occupation: none
Weight: 200
Strength: 7.2 (note 1= an average Adult male)
Speed: 7.5
Agility: 7.5
Balance: 7.3
Intelligence: 5
Wisdom: 6
Height 6'1"
<End Status>

I was happy to be closing in on having 10 for all stats. I then looked and wondered what the occupation part of the status means.

~Ding~
(Occupation)
This function of the system is to let you learn  through jobs. When you first start a job the occupation part of the status will be filled. You'll start at level 0 and to raise your occupation level you'll have to learn the knowledge associated with your occupation and work a job in that field.
(End Occupation)
I guess Allison has gotten better at anticipating what I'll ask. I dismissed everything and got up and took a shower after that I got dressed. I went downstairs and saw a note on the fridge that read.

Dear Shawn,
I had to go into work, feel free to explore the town or go to the Rez. You have a present from me in the garage.
Love,
Dad
P.s. please be safe.

I was curious about the present and so I went into the garage and saw a beautiful motorcycle.

I went back into the house locked the front door then I went back into the garage and opened up the garage door hopped on my motorcycle and started it

I went back into the house locked the front door then I went back into the garage and opened up the garage door hopped on my motorcycle and started it. I slowly drove out of the garage and then parked the bike so that I could close the garage door. After closing the door I hopped back on and started on my way to the Rez.

Skip the drive to the Rez:

Upon getting to the Rez I quickly saw a familiar house.

I pulled up in front of the house and turned off my bike

I pulled up in front of the house and turned off my bike. I hopped off and walked to the front door and knocked on the door. After a few minutes of waiting a teenaged male a few years younger than me opened the door. I observed him for a moment and read his status.
<Status>
Name: Jacob Ephraim Black
Age: 15
Species: human (?)
Weight: 150lbs
Height: 5'5"
All physical stats: 5
Intelligence: 3.5
<End Status>

"Uhh. Can I help you?" Jacob asked me which caused me to smirk. "Is that anyway to talk to your crush's older brother, Jacob?" I asked him and I watched as his face morphed into confusion before realization lit up on his face. "Luc!!! What the hell man??? When did you get back???" Jacob questioned rapidly.

"Who's at the door, Jacob?" A voice asked from the living room; I pushed past Jake and went into the living room and observed the man who was in the room.

<Status>
Name: William 'Billy' Black, Jr
Age: 47
Species: human (?)
Weight: 160lbs
Health issues: Diabetes (wheel chair bound)
Height: 5'6"
All stats: 4
<End Status>

"Hey Uncle Billy." I said to him which caused him to look up from the newspaper. "Well look who's here, little Luc." He replied warmly while smiling.

"So Luc when did you get back?" Jacob spoke up from behind me. "I moved back yesterday, I got tired of my mom telling lies about dad and well here I am." I told them after a few hours of catching up and being told the tribe's story about the shifters and cold ones. I noticed that their species changed from human to shifter and the ? in parentheses changed to  never shifted.

After noticing that I left and went back to Forks where I quickly rode on my bike to the local mechanic shop. After arriving at the shop I turned off my bike and hopped off and headed into the reception area of the shop.

-Ring, ring-

The receptionist looked up and asked, "Hello how can I help you?"

"I heard from my dad, Chief Swan, that you guys were hiring mechanics. I was wondering if I could apply." I said calmly and she nodded before jumping up from her chair and went to the managers office. Shortly after she came out with an older gentleman who hired me on the spot after I told him that I was willing to learn the trade.

~Ding~

[Congrats! You completed a mission earning 200 Xp]

[Congrats you obtained the Occupation: Mechanic]

[You obtained a mission based on your occupation.]

{Occupation Missions}
First mission: read a Haynes Manual On a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro. Reward: 100 Op
{End Occupation Missions}

I left the mechanic shop and noticed an auto parts store next door and I figured that they would have the book that I need to read. I walked over to the store and walked in. It took me a few minutes of looking around but I found it.

"How can I help you sir?" The cashier asked me and I said, "Thanks for asking but I already grabbed what I need." They nodded and proceeded to check me out After I paid for the book, I was stopped by the clerk.
"Hey wait!" I turned around and glared at them, but it quickly faded when the next thing that came from their mouth was, "Look I'm sorry for stopping you, but I have something that if you're willing to work on it. I'm willing to let you have it." I was intrigued and so I asked, "What is it?" They barely whispered their answer, "Its the car that book was for..." and my eyes widened in surprise. "Listen if you're willing to fix it up, would you be willing to surprise my dad with the fixed up car. Not for him to have but to just see it restored to its former glory. The only reason why is because the car was my father's and he could never figure out what was wrong with it." I nodded and set up an agreement that the clerk would set up a tab for all the parts for the car that I'd pay off as soon as I could after I finished the car.

After that I went back home and started reading the Haynes Manual.

(Author's Note: I couldn't find a picture of an actual Haynes manual on that specific year of the car but I got the next best thing)

After what seemed like minutes I finished the book only to find out that dad was home. I looked at the time and noticed that 5 hours had passed. I got up and noticed that dad was passed out on the couch. I grabbed a blanket and draped it over him before eating a quick meal.

~Ding~

[You completed an Occupation Mission and received 100 Op]

[Congrats you leveled up your occupation and increased your intelligence and wisdom by 4.]

I dismissed the messages and went upstairs and noticed my package on my bed. I moved it and got into bed and went to sleep.

Author's note: The car that he's going to restore is up on top.