The Accident

Shawn's POV:

It's been a few days since I informed the Cullens that I was a vampire. I knew that today was the day that Edwardo would be coming back to school. I haven't took Alice out for a date yet, but I wanted to after she met my dad. I pulled up to school excited to see Alice, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen today. I hopped out from my car and rushed over to Alice who launched herself at me. I wrapped my arms around her and swung her around making her giggle. After I stopped spinning, I brought her in for a kiss and she instantly kissed me back. "Good morning princess." I greeted her after we broke the kiss.

"Good morning Luce!" She happily chirped which made me smile. I then noticed all of the whispers from the other students, but I didn't care and would let them think whatever they wanted. I placed one of my arms around her shoulders as we walked back to her family. "Morning Guys." I said to them as we made our way over.

"It's great to see you when you're not sucking my best friend's face off." Jasper said with a deadpanned tone before cracking a smile. Emmett busted out a laugh at Jasper's words and agreed with him. Just to make them uncomfortable I kissed Alice in front of them and licking her bottom lip I was granted access to her mouth. I had to pull myself away before it went any further with a smirk I turned towards them and said, "Hope you enjoyed the show, but sadly you won't be able to see anything besides that." They gagged while Rosalie giggled from the side.

"I knew that you guys were perfect for each other." She commented proudly at her assumptions. Which made Alice smile like crazy because her sister in all but blood approved of me. "Thanks Rose for approving of me and my relationship with Alice." I told her honestly, I then frowned because my bad feeling came back.

"What's wrong, Luce, babe?" Alice asked me not liking my shift in mood. "I have a bad feeling, like something bad is going to happen today and I have no idea what it is or anything." I told her honestly because I couldn't bare to lie to her.

As the day progressed my feeling became stronger and stronger until I could feel that Bella had something to do with it. It was now lunch, and I was sitting with Alice and her family.

"Has your bad feeling went away, Luc?" Rosalie asked me and I shook my head and told her, "No, it's gotten stronger throughout the day. I have a feeling that Bella has something to do with it. After school lets out I'm going to walk her to her truck." They all nodded knowing that I'd do anything for my sister. 'Allison do you have any idea what my feeling means?' I thought to Allison.

~~Buzz~~
{Sorry for the inconvenience but your system has been shut down for an upgrade. The upgrade will be finished at the end of the day.} a robotic voice responded to my question. I was surprised to hear that but I shrugged it off. After my last class I hurried to my sister so that I could protect her if I needed to. "Hey Bellybear!" I greeted her as soon as I saw her.

"Hey Luc, how was your day?" She asked as we walked towards her truck. As we got to her truck Bella noticed something on her tires so she bent down to look at them. "My day was fi.." I was cut off from answering her by tire screeching. I looked and noticed a van heading straight for us, so I quickly with vamp speed got Bella out of the way being careful not to hurt her. I then turned back to the accident and noticed that her truck now had a pretty good dent on one of the back fenders. Then I started to smell blood coming from the van and I went to hug Bella to use her scent to drown the other one out.

Someone called the ambulance and I made sure that Bella got checked out. On our way to the hospital I told Bella, "Look just to warn you, dad is going to make a huge fuss. No let me finish," I cut her off before she could interrupt me, "try to think from dad's perspective. He just got us back...got you back and not even a month since you got here you got involved in an accident that could've killed you. Think about the pain he's in right now. He could've lost you forever, and he wasn't able to do anything to stop it." I finished and she looked down in shame, because she didn't think about our dad would feel if he lost her or myself.

"I understand." She whispered and I nodded. Shortly after that we arrived at the hospital, where Bella was once again given a check up. Dad then rushed in through the doors.

"Bells! Are you alright?!?!" He asked frantically before seeing Tyler. "Your parents and I are going to have a talk after this. Your license will be suspended!" Dad told Tyler furiously which was understandable.

"I got this one Jackie." I heard from the door and I looked over to see Carlisle looking over Bella's chart. "I heard that the Chief's daughter was in." He said to dad and Bella.

"Hey Carlisle, how's your day going?" I asked him announcing my presence to him. "Oh Luc, didn't notice you there. My day was fine but just got a lot more interesting since your sister is here." He told me and I nodded.

"So Isabella how are you feeling?" Carlisle asked Bella and she grimaced at the use of her full name which made me chuckle.

"I prefer Bella, and I feel fine. Luc pulled me away before we got crushed." Bella told him which made him tense for a second. I knew that Bella was observant enough to catch that. I left to get some fresh air, and walked into Rosalie.

"How is she?" Was the first thing she said to me. "She's alright just a little shocked because she almost died." I told her calmly before I pulled her into a hug and I felt tears well up in my eyes. "I nearly lost my baby sister. If I had really lost her...I don't think I could go on at least not with my emotions intact and my humanity on." I whimpered into Rosalie who rubbed my back. "It's alright, you saved her...that's what matters. You protected her from what could've happened." She said soothingly calming me down slightly. After a few minutes I pulled away regaining my usual attitude. "Thanks Rose, I know you don't really like Bella, but it means a lot to me that you're willing to deal with her for me." I told her sincerely which made her scoff, "Luc, I see you like my little brother. Even though your sister might put my family in danger, I'll deal with her because you're my little bro."

After my family and I got back to the house we all went to our rooms drained from the emotional day. When I got to my room, I saw Alice staring at one of my paintings of her. I came up behind her wrapping my arms around her and gave her a gentle kiss on her neck. I pulled away smirking when I heard a soft moan. She turned around and pushed me onto my bed before cuddling into me causing me to smile and give her a gentle kiss.

"Go to sleep Luce, I'll be here when you wake up." She softly told me which made pull her closer to me and I slowly fell asleep.