Bella's Arrival

Shawn's POV:

Today was the day that Bella would get here. I had already dismissed my status screen and was just lying in bed but when I looked at the time I jumped out of bed to get ready. It was already 8:00 am and Bella's flight lands at 1:00. I ran to the bathroom and took a very rushed shower. I then ran downstairs after getting dressed, and ran into the kitchen to grab an apple for the drive to Seattle. I noticed a note attached to the fridge; I grabbed the note and read it.

Shawn,
An officer called off and even though I didn't want to, I went into work. I'll be back home by the time you pick up Bella.
Dad

I was a little happy that he went into work because that way I could have a heart to heart talk with Bella. I threw the note away and grabbed a Granny Smith apple for the drive to Seattle.

Skip the drive to Seattle:

I was sitting at baggage claim waiting for Bella. Since I was waiting, I decided to observe the people around me. After observing about 30 people I got a notification from Allison. Telling me that I leveled up my observe skill, and that I would start getting descriptions of people's personalities along with their status. I observed another 50 people before I saw Bella; I was curious about Bella's stats and do I looked at her status.

<Status>
Name: Isabella Marie Swan
Age: 17
Species: Human
Strength: .3
Speed: .2
Agility:0
Balance: -5 (Note: This should be impossible, but somehow she is the most clumsy human ever.)
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110lbs
Personality: Shy, awkward, obsessive, nosy, stubborn, and impulsive.
<End Status>

'Allison please tell me that there is a way for me to help her increase her balance!!!' I thought out it pleadingly to which I got the following response.

~Ding~

[Luc, you will be able to help her increase her balance by:
Changing her species
Or
Have her workout with you.] Allison notified me of my options. I nodded internally and dismissed the message. Bella finally saw me and ran towards me nearly falling over a couple of times before she finally got to me. I pulled her into a hug careful not to hurt her.

"Hey Bellybear, how was the flight?" I asked her after we let go of each other.

"It was alright Luc, a little long for my taste but alright. Where's dad?" She responded to my question before asking her own. "An officer called off and so dad went into work. He should be home soon." I informed her and she nodded before remembering her luggage. She had trouble lifting it so I went over and grabbed it from her lifting it with ease. We then went out to my car, her eyes widened in shock when she saw it. Seeing her face made me laugh which caused her to glare at me, and I held up my hands in surrender.

About halfway through the drive back to Forks, I was curious to know what Bella knew about our dad.

"So what do you know about dad?" I asked her and I took a look at her and she looked down.

"Mom told me that dad was always busy whenever I had something important to me happen. That he never wanted to be there..." she trailed off and that response made me pissed off so I scoffed, "Well that was complete and utter bullshit!" "What do you mean?" She asked me and I let out a breath quelling some of my rage. "Dad always made time of something important came up for both of us. Hell do you remember how upset you were when you had that ballet recital and dad never showed up? Do you know the reason why he didn't go?" I asked her a bit rudely but I was pissed off even more at our mom.

"Mom told me that dad was busy and that he cou—."
I cut her off before she could finish her sentence, "That was a lie! Dad made sure to be off that entire week! The only reason why he didn't show up was because our mother," I spat out the word mother with venom which caused Bella to wince, "called him and told him that you didn't want him there. I know that for a fact because mom didn't realize that I was in the room." I finally finished and I heard her sniffling. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it lightly, I understood why she was on the verge of tears because she always loved mom more than I have. "Our dad has and will continue to always love us. From what Uncle Billy, dad's best friend, told me when I was younger was that the happiest he has ever seen our dad was the days that we were born." I told her which made her go silent in thought.

I let her be for the rest of the drive back home, by the time we got back to the house all of my rage had dispersed. I pulled into the driveway and turned off the engine, I looked over at Bella and noticed that she was asleep. I gently shook her awake.

"Hey Sleeping Beauty, we're home." I told her in a soft tone. She groaned before opening her eyes and looked around. Taking in the familiar yet unfamiliar surroundings which caused me to chuckle softly. "Come on, Dad's inside he can't wait to see you." I informed her with a nod she got out of my car and was about to try and grab her suitcase but got to it before her. After that we went inside to see dad.

"Bells, how are yo-." Dad started to ask but was cut off because Bella threw herself into his arms and started crying. Dad looked at me wide eyed and awkward as he gently patted Bella's back.

"Ahem. I guess I can be blamed for this." I cleared my throat to stop myself from laughing at dad's expression. "What do you mean?" Dad asked curiously.

"He told me the real reason why you didn't show up to basically anything that mattered to me." Bella chimed in after she pulled herself together. I then took Bella and her things up to her room. As soon as we got into her room I sat her suitcase in front of her dresser, and we started talking.

While we were talking Uncle Billy and Jake showed up in Billy's old truck.

Skip the Truck scene:

After we ate pizza for dinner we all split up to head to bed. Dad for work and Bella and I for school tomorrow.