Family History Part 2

Shawn's POV:

My father let out a sigh and started to explain our family history. "The Swan Family started back in the late 1890's with Damon Swan who was named after his grandfather Damon Salvatore. Damon Swan never knew his grandfather for 2 reasons one being that Damon Salvatore died in 1864 along with his brother Stefan. The other being that Damon's mother was born out of wedlock and his grandmother wanted the child to be a secret." my father paused to let everything sink in. The information blew my mind away for a few minutes until I regathered my thoughts.

"Continue, this is getting interesting." I told my father in anticipation to hear the rest. My father nodded and continued on with his story, "Well there's not much more to tell except for the fact that this house was built by one of Our family members who was named Stefan Salvatore in memory of the original."

[Congratulations! You completed the mission Learn your family history!] Allison announced in my head. [Here's your Status Luc!]

<Status>
Name: Shawn Lucifer Swan
Age: 18 (Vampire years: 1 day)
Species: Traditional Vampire
Species traits: The weaknesses are: burn in the sun, a wooden stake can kill, werewolf bite is fatal, have to be invited into a house owned by living beings, and vervain an herb that poisons traditional vampires (unless a tolerance is built up) also protects humans from compulsion. The strengths are: super senses, getting stronger with age, compulsion, super healing, super speed and strength.
Level: 4 (990/1000Xp to level 5)
Occupation: Mechanic (level: 1 {800/10,000 Op})
Weight: 180
Strength: 70(note 1= an average Adult male)
Speed: 70
Agility: 70
Balance: 70
Intelligence: 70
Wisdom: 70
Height 6'1"
Skills:
Car maintenance: Level 1
Car maintenance allows the user to work on any car at a basic level. To level up this skill continue working on cars.
Observe: Level 2 (150Xp/ 300Xp)
Allows the host to see details about a person. Such as age, height, weight, species, their physical stats, and their personality traits. You can also detect lies and truths.
This is a passive skill which means it's always on. To level up keep learning about people and observe everything.
Cooking: Level 1 (50 Xp/100Xp)
Allows you to cook an average meal.
<End Status>

I dismissed the announcements and headed up to my room to think about what I learned. After closing the door to my room I got onto my computer and searched up the name Damon Salvatore and a picture was pulled up which made me stunned.

'What the hell? Why do I look like him??' I thought to myself before I could continue my thoughts Allison answered my question

[Host You sure are dumb aren't you? The reason why you look so much like him is because you're a doppelgänger. Duh.]

'What's a doppelgänger?' I asked Allison who explained to me that a doppelgänger is a person who looks like another person from a different time period. They usually show up every few hundred years.

Author's Note: Hey guys sorry for the short chapter but I've been busy with work and haven't had the time to think about the direction I want this novel to take. I was wondering if you guys wanted me to add a person from TVD into the  upcoming chapter and if so who. Please let me know by leaving a comment.