II

Hallie sat on her phone kicking the ground of the coach Pippa and Neil had ordered to take them to the chateau. Hallie obviously offered to take an Uber over but her mother firmly gripped her arm warningly which made her change her mind. Mostly it was to get away from her nieces and nephew as there was only a certain amount of times you could hear Let it go. Well it was only the chorus over and over again which was enough to make anyone a murderer.

Hallie's older brother Alfie tried his best to wrangle the older two who were running up and down the aisle of the coach. While his wife Phoebe was consoling their youngest who was screaming at the top of their lungs because they couldn't have another lolly pop. Pippa was having their father take the most cringe photos of her and Neil just so she could show all her followers she was in fact getting married. As , their mother was holding their bags waiting for them to sit down so she could get past them. Hallie's younger twin brothers Zack and Ethan were huddled round a phone with a few of the other cousins that were their age doing god knows what at the back of the coach. Then there was Tobi who was sat  opposite Hallie with his head in his hands bored out of his brain.

"Tobi. What's up?" Hallie asks him as he just rolls his eyes. rising from his seat on the coach  and over to one of the aunts Hallie absolutely hated.

Aunt Larissa. She had a formed a vendetta against Hallie that had so far lasted eight years and counting. All because Hallie forgot to feed the fish in her pond one time and then over fed them to compensate and they all died. She swore it wasn't her fault but Larissa didn't agree and could never look at Hallie the same ever again.

"Is she purposefully delaying  this coach or something ?" Joey questions as Hallie looks up at him. Nodding her head.

"Probably." Hallie says as Joey chuckles sitting down next to Hallie as she put her phone back in her pocket.

"who said you could sit next to me?" Hallie questions pretending to be annoyed. As , Joey scratched his chin playing along with her as he tried to think about who gave him the all clear to sit in the spare seat.

"No one I saw an empty seat and took it." Joey responds.

"Surely you want to sit with the other groomsmen. They are your squad." Hallie states sarcastically pointing to the absolute lad fest happening on the other side of the coach.

Which consisted of three men making enough noise for it to be mistaken for a whole football team worth of men. To Hallie it sounded like three prehistoric cavemen grunting at each other but Joey assured her it was just a game they played.

"First of all they aren't my squad. They are Neil's and I a mere member. Second I would much rather sit with a beautiful lady who holds alcohol on the same platform as I." Joey explains as Hallie pretends to throw up in her bag.

Which caused Joey's face to fall into one of panic and fear. He wasn't built for this. Hallie rose her head from the bag laughing her head off as she saw Joey's face.

"Wow first he assumes the seat next to me is free then he assumes I am single. One more strike and you're out Joesph." Hallie says as Joey grimaces at the use of his full name no one not even his mother used it. Well apart from when he was in trouble or she caught him doing something he shouldn't be. Which was very often.

"Are you single?" Joey asks sweetly as Hallie slaps him playfully in the chest.

"As aggressively as I am sober. Now can you please fuck off." Hallie says placing her bag on the floor as it clanks together.

Biting her lip Hallie prayed he hadn't heard the sound. But he knew what that sound was. The pair locked eyes like some Wild West stand off as both their hands reached for the bag. His getting to it first he ripped it open to reveal two bottles of Smirnoff ice. He looked back at Hallie who pretended she had no clue what on earth was in her bag. Almost as if someone had magically dropped it in there.

"You are harbouring alcoholic beverages. Are you Houdini?" Joey questions harshly yet quietly so no one else could hear the pair of them. Hallie tried to stifle her laughs at how innocent Joey was.

"Duty free. While Pippa was distracted looking at sunglasses I made a dash for the checkout. I've had plenty of practice over the years. Family vacations , girls trips. Hide the alcohol get it all to myself." Hallie explains as Joey nods in approval.

Glancing around the coach to make sure no one was paying attention to the pair of them and of course they weren't. Joey held out his left hand to Hallie who just rolled her eyes and slapped his hand away. Joey pulled his hand into his chest holding it close like a new born baby pouting as if she had broken it. Hallie took it as her opportunity to pull the bag from his grip which only made Joey pout further.

"Share?" Joey mumbles like a toddler

"Get your own." Hallie snakily snaps like a protective mother.

Suddenly Pippa squealed as if she had only just realised her wedding week was here. Even though everyone else in is coach bar the nieces and nephews and the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen had known about this for ages. Since it was the only thing on her lips since Neil unfortunately proposed.

"Let's get this wedding week started and head to the villa." Pippa exclaims her face erupting in a smile that looked like she was being held captive.

" or last minute change of plans we are gonna get this over with in Vegas !" Hallie sarcastically mutters

You can't filter familyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें