VIII

Hallie woke up suddenly her clothes strewn across the floor much like the duvet. Her eyes widened in shock as she looked over at who was in her bed gasping. 

"We didn't actually did we?" Hallie questions as her head begins to pound furiously. Grimacing she peeled herself from the bed throwing on the dressing gown strewn in the middle of the floor.

Her left automatically found her forehead massaging it within an inch of its life to try and relieve some of the pain that was exuding from it right now. Glancing at the clock her eyes widened in shock at the time. Fuck they were going to miss breakfast. Hallie paced up and down the small room unsure what to do first did she just get ready and leave Joey asleep or did she wake him. 

"Joey get your arse out my bed !" Hallie shouts and he almost jumps out of his skin. Falling with a thud to the floor he too looked worse for wear. 

"We didn't did we?" Joey questions his voice horse as he too rubbed his head as Hallie shrugged her shoulders the pair looking round the state of the room for some for of clue as to what on earth they got up to last night. 

One whole empty vodka bottle sat on the dressing table with a couple of empty glasses. Hallie's hand covers her mouth in shock picking up the bottle she examined it like Sherlock Holmes. But it was mostly to check that it was in fact completely drunk. Slamming it back down Hallie looked deflated. 

"One bottle left." Hallie pretends to sob as Joey too looks distraught as he pushed himself off the floor onto his feet. 

"We drunk a ... that explains a lot." Joey states as the blinding light of the sun pierced through the curtains Hallie had moved in her search for some form of clothing to throw on. All Hallie could make out was a nod in agreement. 

But all they did know was that is was probably the most fun they were going to have on this whole trip. Who would have thought a bottle of Vodka sneaked into an alcohol free wedding weekend would create their own mini version of The Hangover.  Hallie pointed to the bathroom and Joey frowned he wasn't in the mood to play charades right now but Hallie didn't want to string a sentence together and they needed to get moving asap. 

"Bathroom ... dressed ... breakfast .. Now." Hallie barked and Joey sped into action. Stringing together a few curse words as he scrambled to find his stuff in the mix of random crap all over the floor. 

"Collect it later. Just slip out and go get dressed meet at the stairs in ten." Hallie orders and he nods. 

Thankfully the breakfast was included with the trip provided by the chateau staff so neither of them had to worry about finding their wallets in this absolute mess. But if they did need cash there was a few notes scattered about along with a handful of coins for god knows what reason. Hallie shoved on a black chiffon maxi dress which was more of a lounging round the pool cover up. She didn't care though as it was as it was the first thing she found that made it looked like she had put some effort into her look. Sunglasses were firmly on her face as Joey did the same. The pair glanced at each other as they made their way down to breakfast. 

Hallie looked over the food on offer and grimaced. Right now she could inhale a bacon butty or just anything with as much grease on it you couldn't even tell the substance. But instead it was all fruit salads and almond milk chia seed puddings. Of course. Settling on a fruit salad as it would not be as bad as the pudding. Slamming the bowl down on the table across from her brother and Rufus who had jam on everything apart from the bread it was initially on. 

"You look like you had a fun night." Alfie comments as Hallie half smiles at him stabbing her fork into a strawberry she took a deep breathe before shoving it in her gob. 

"Could you have not." Tobi states and Hallie frowns as Alfie looks between the pair to try and distinguish what had actually gone on. He needs some details and needed them now but by Tobi's tone it was probably not child friendly. So he looked round for Tara or their parents to take Rufus to hear the juicy gossip. 

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Hallie tries her best to stop this whole conversation. 

"Joey ... yes ... oh my god ... yes." Ethan mutters in Hallie's ear as he passes her. Zack started laughing and the pair high fives each other as Hallie dropped her fork onto the table. If there wasn't so many witnesses she would have smashed the pair of them over the head. 

Alfie's eyes also bulge out of his head as he looked between Hallie and Tobi for confirmation of said noise coming from her room. Which of course to make matters worse Joey strolled past their table to go and sit with the boys. 

"Oh by the way Hal thanks for doing that I won thirty quid in a bet with Zach and the boys." Ethan states before tucking into his toast as both Tobi and Alfie were confused. They clearly hadn't been invited into said bet. 

"What bet and why was I not invited?" Alfie questions. Despite being the oldest he still could act like a typical teenage boy especially around the other siblings. It was just the bond they had. Ethan and Zach both shrugged it off. 

"We did it on the coach. We thought it would give this weekend a bit of fun and it did." Zach explains as Alfie slams the table in annoyance he clearly wanted to be involved. 

"What is the bet?" Hallie snaps as Tobi still looks on confused.

"A gentleman never tells dear sister." Ethan jokes as Ethan and Zach proceed to laugh at each other.