2.2.2

I walk in the door of Emily's house. "Em!" I call out. "In my room" She yells. I walk up the big spiral staircase, nodding at her maid as I pass. "Hello, Isabella. How are you?" Cindy wonders. "Pretty good. How about you?" I ask. "Pretty good myself" She smiles. I nod and walk down the hall all the way to the end where Em's room was.

Emily was on her bed, watching her flat screen television. "Hey, Em" I greet, dropping my book bag and flopping down onto her bed. "What movie do you want to watch?" She asks. "I don't care, you pick" I shrug. She puts on Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and we both watch it.

We were pretty big Harry Potter and fans and had seen the movies multiple times so I was appreciative. After the movie was over and we were half way through the second one I got bored. "You want to play some soccer?" I wonder. "Of course I do" She scoffs. She goes into her walk in closet, grabbing athletic clothes for herself and giving me some to borrow.

We both go into her big backyard where the soccer nets were set up and start to play a game of soccer, doing tricks and other things with the ball. Em and I are big soccer fans. We were on the girl's soccer team for the school. Soccer tryouts were coming up soon again since it was near spring time and we were both excited.

I'd like to say we were both pretty good at soccer. It wasn't that hard in my opinion. I played forward. As we're playing another game of soccer, my phone starts to ring. It was dark out by now but that didn't stop Em and I from playing. We preferred to play soccer at night anyways. She had lights all around her backyard so we could see just fine.

It was Stiles. "Hey, Sti" I answer. "Where are you?" He wonders. "I'm at Em's house playing soccer. Why?" I ask. "I'm coming to pick you up. You, Derek and I are going to go get Isaac out of jail. Allison just called and told me her dad and Gerard are planning on poisoning him with Wolfsbane." He explains. I could already hear him in the car. I glance over at Emily who was waiting for me, juggling the soccer ball. "Alright" I sigh. I hang up and look at Emily who was now looking at me but still juggling the ball.

"Let me guess. Your leaving" She says. She said it as more of a statement than a question. I give her a sheepish smile. "I'm really sorry, Em, but-" "Something came up. That's been your excuse for everything" She shakes her head in annoyance. "Are you mad at me?" I ask. "No" She says shortly. "Yes you are. I can tell" I nod. "I just want you to stop keeping things from me, Isabella!" She shouts. She never uses my full name unless it's serious.

"I'm not keeping anything from you" I lie, guilt seeping into my stomach. "Then where are you going? Huh? What's so important that you have to leave??" She asks. "I can't tell you" I say. She rolls her eyes and scoffs. "Typical" She says, turning so her back is facing me. She continues to kick the ball around. "Please don't do this right now, Em. I'll make it up to you." I asure her. "Yeah? When? You never have time for me anymore. Your best friend." She asks, raising an eyebrow at me. "I will" I tell her. She shakes her head at me.

"Whatever. Just go." She says, facing away from me again. "Em" I say. "Just go!" She shouts. I frown at her before slowly backing away. She continues to look down at the ground, kicking the ball around. I walk inside, shutting the glass sliding door. She rockets the ball to the other side of the yard where the other net was, hitting the back of the net. I walk through the house and see Cindy looking over at me.

She sends me a sympathetic smile. "I'm sure she doesn't mean it, Bella. She's alone here most days and just misses her parents." Cindy explains, handing me my stuff. The guilt in my stomach deepens. I nod, walking out of the house where Stiles and Derek were waiting for me. I climb in the back and we drive to the Sheriff's station, it being a silent ride. They must have heard Em and I arguing from the back yard or something.