2.11.1

After what happened at the Sheriff's station the other day, Dad decided to set meetings up with the guidance counselor for Stiles and I. They had found Matt in the nearby river. Someone drowned him. I sit across from Ms. Morrell, my knee bouncing.

"Miss Stilinski. The more you don't talk, the longer this has to take" She starts off. "Why do I even have to do this?" I sigh out. "Because, you experienced trauma. And your Dad scheduled this. He expects you to involve yourself fully" Morrell explains.

"It wasn't that bad. What happened that night. Just some crazy dude who went on a killing spree because kids threw him in a pool when he was younger" I explain. "A crazy kid who eventually drowned" Morrell brings up. "He can't expect someone not to fight back when he tries to kill them" "Are you saying you're glad Matt's dead?" "Not exactly, no. I'm saying, he should have been more prepared for the consequences of his actions" I correct.

"And what is that?" "Back in the day, if you killed multiple people, the punishment was death. Of course, nowadays, serial killers go though court trials and such and it's more fair, but eventually, if you've killed enough, you do get sentenced to death" I explain. "So, you think he would have died anyway. Even if he was just a kid?" Morrell enquires.

"Possibly" I nod. "What about your brother? What does he think about it?" "I thought you just had a meeting with him" I point out. "In your mind, what does he think? Would he agree with you?" Morrell clarifies. "Both of us agree, Matt was a psychopath. I don't know if you heard or not, he was also a stalker. Had multiple pictures of him and Allison together whether it be holding hands or kissing. Some of those pictures were of her in her bedroom window even" I list off.

"So I've heard" She nods. "In my eyes, it's not a total loss to the world after all" I shrug. "What do you think about your Dad getting his title back?" "I'm ecstatic. My Dad deserves his title. He's worked hard for it and for them to just take it away from him, it made me angry. I think they made the right decision giving it back" I smile.

"How are you feeling now? Happy?" I look back down at my hands. "Happy my Dad got his title back, yes. My mood in general these days....I'm not sure. A mix, I guess" I frown. "You must be feeling some type of loss with the three runaways though, right? You and Erica were pretty close" Morrell brings up.

"Yeah, we were" I frown, playing my fingers. "Have you seen any sign of her or the other two" I look back up at her. "If I knew where they were, I would be smiling more, wouldn't I?" I point out. "I guess that's true. At least you still have Emily Hamilton though" She brings up. "Emily has been there for me lately" I smile.

"How did she react when she heard about the other night?" Morrell wonders. "She was worried. She was so worried, I thought she was gonna hyperventilate" I chuckle. "It must feel good. Knowing someone cares about you that much" "Yeah. I try and stick with her as much as I can. Her parents always seem to be out of town and I hate to think about her being lonely" I explain and Morrell nods.

"Do you ever feel lonely?" Morrell suddenly questions. I glance up at her confused. "What does that mean?" I narrow my eyes at her. "You can't hang out with all of your friends 24/7. What do you do when you're not hanging around with them?" "Nap. Daydream. Play some soccer." I list off. "And how do you feel then?" Morrell pushes.

"If this is about my mom, I'm fine" I assure her. "Then the thought of her doesn't make you feel pain anymore? You don't feel so alone?" "Sometimes I think about her. When I don't know how to do something, I ask myself what she would do. Sometimes, when I think about her, there's a pain in my chest. A feeling of...longing. And I wonder if I'm making the right choices or not. But, I've never really thought about loneliness. Because I still have Stiles and my Dad, and also Scott and Emily. And they remind me that there's more to life than just death" I explain.