2.10.1

After dropping off Emily and making sure she's okay, I meet Stiles and Scott back at my house. We had to tell Dad and convince him Matt was the killer. "So, this kid's the real killer?" Dad asks as he looks into the yearbook where we had circled Matt's picture and his name. "Yeah" Stiles nods. "No" Dad disagrees.

"Yes" Stiles says. "No." Dad says, crossing his arms. "Dad, come on" Stiles says, shooting up out of his chair. "Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common." Stiles explains.

"Yeah, and I mean, come on. The guy looks like a pyscho" I add and Stiles nods in agreement. "Except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class." Dad brings up. "Okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles wonders. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything" Dad denies.

Stiles goes to say something but keeps his mouth shut as Dad looks past us at Scott. "Scott, do you believe this?" Dad asks. "Oh" Stiles sighs in defeat. "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." Scott informs him. "Yeah, and he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles explains.

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's Coach dead?" Dad questions. "We're not really sure, but we do know Matt can't swim and hates water" I tell him and the other two nod. "And our swim team sucks! They haven't won, in like, six years. But we don't have a motive yet" Stiles sighs.

"I mean, come on, does Harris?" Stiles asks. Dad nods, looking back down at the picture. "What do you want me to do?" Dad asks. We're finally getting through to him. Stiles, Scott and I all look at each other. "We need to look at the evidence." Scott tells him. "Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work." Dad reminds us. "Trust me, they'll let you in" Stiles asures him.

"Trust you?" Dad asks incredulously. "Trust Scott?" I ask hopefully. "Scott, I trust" Dad sighs. "Yes!" I fist pump victoriously as we follow Dad to the car. It had worked. Once we arrive at the station, we follow Dad in. The lady working at the front desk quirks an eyebrow at Dad. "It's 2:00 in the morning" She points out. Dad sighs, leaning against the counter. "Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." Dad tells her.

Stiles leans closer to talk us. "We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles tells us. "Why?" Scott asks. "Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, except for one, you remember?" Stiles asks and we both nod. "Jessica" I say. "Yeah. Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him." Stiles explains. Dad turns to look back at us. "Come on" He motions and we follow him into the office, already telling him what we wanted to look at.

We start looking through footage of the hospital from the night Jessica was killed. It looked like a regular day as nurses and doctors walked throughout the halls. "I don't know, guys. I mean, look at this. There was a six-car pileup that night, the hospital was jammed." Dad explains as he sits in his chair while we lean against his desk, looking at the computer as well.

"All right, just keep going. Look, he had to have passed one of the cameras on that floor to get to Jessica, okay? He's gotta be on the footage somewhere." Stiles says, motioning to the computer. We all turn our attention back to the computer and Scott perks up. "Oh, hold on! Stop! Did you see that? Scroll back." Scott says and Dad does so. "That's him! That's Matt!" Stiles says, pointing at Matt. "All I see is the back of someone's head" Dad brings up.