2.9.1

It was spring break meaning no school. But what that did mean, was soccer. Em and I get changed in the locker room, Emily bouncing around excitedly. "I'm so ready to kick some ass out there, Bell!" Emily beams. "Woah, woah, calm it down there, Em. It's only tryouts." I remind her.

"Which means you should try harder. Maybe teammates or not, they better be prepared" She tells me, fire in her eyes. I roll my eyes at her competitiveness. "I'll keep that in mind" I nod, tying my cleats on. "Have you talked to Erica?" Emily wonders. "Uh...no, not really. She's been busy lately" I shrug it off. "Same with Isaac. He's not gonna be able to make it to Lydia's party. Not that anyone would really want to go anyways, ever since she's gone crazy" Emily scoffs.

"Scott and Stiles are going" I tell her, looking up at her. "Why?" She asks. "Well, my brother's had a crush on her since the third grade so I could see why for that. And Allison is best friends with her and she's dating Scott, so..." I trail off, standing up off the bench.

"Are you gonna go?" She questions. "Not sure. Depends. Erica's not going either, I know that" I sigh. It was gonna be a full moon the night of Lydia's birthday party. Usually it's the biggest party of the year, but with everything that's happened, people have been staying away from Lydia recently. Since it was gonna be a full moon, that meant Erica and Isaac couldn't go, considering it was basically their first...well for Erica and Boyd. Isaac already went through his first.

Emily didn't know that though, but she wasn't gonna question Isaac about why he wasn't going. She doesn't even want to go herself which I could see her point. Lydia has always been a bitch to us. After we're ready, we walk out onto the field where lacrosse practice was just finishing up. "Hey, Em, Izzy." Stiles greets us. "Sti. How was practice?" I wonder.

"Same old" He shrugs and I nod. "Good luck at tryouts" Scott says with a smile. "Thanks." Emily smiles. We see all the other soccer players who were planning on trying out already on the field, practicing a little. "Come on" I tell Emily, motioning for her to follow, grabbing a ball from the bag. We wave Scott and Stiles goodbye and head on to the field, starting to pass the ball back and forth between each other.

As we're doing so, Emily gasps. "What?" I ask confused, doing a little trick with the ball before passing it back to her. "7 o'clock" She mutters. "7 o'clock?" I ask confused. She nods her head behind me and I turn to look. Isaac, who was still in his lacrosse gear, was taking a seat beside Erica on the bleachers. Boyd was there as well.

"Ohh...I get it" I nod. Emily furrows her eyebrows at me confused as it takes me a second. "Wait..." I say, my eyes widening as I turn back to look at the bleachers where the three betas were sat. What were they doing here? I see Boyd nudge the two and motion in our direction. The two look our way and they both smile, waving at us. I turn back to look at Emily with wide eyes.

"Did you know they were coming?" I ask in shock. "No. Oh, God. What if I mess up?" Emily begins to worry. "Em, we've played soccer for years now. You're not gonna let some boy mess you up, are you?" I ask. "No" She sighs. "Exactly. Don't think like that. We'll both do great. This is just another day in your backyard" I shrug and a slow smile appears on her face as she nods. "You're right." She agrees.

"Hell yeah I am. Let's do our Soccer-shake before we start" I tell her and we do our little handshake we do before every practice or game. First it's a regular formal handshake and then we do a double handed high five and then we flip our hands and use our back hands to do a double-handed high five, and we end it with a little shaka. We call it our Soccer-shake.

The Coach blows the whistle, Coach Jones, and we all get in a huddle. "All right, ladies. If you're new this year, welcome to soccer tryouts. If you're returning, welcome back. Last year, wasn't our best season. But this year, I have faith in this team. If you don't do well this time, you will have next season to redeem yourself or during the season. This is to see who goes to J.V and who goes to varsity. I want you all to try your best and if you mess up, don't give up. Let's do this" Jones yells and we all cheer.