2.8.1

Stiles, Dad and I sit in Dad's office, eating dinner together. Stiles and I had stopped to get it on the way. We give Dad his food before Stiles and I pull out our salads. "Thank you, kids" Dad smiles, taking out his burger. I give him a thumbs up as I start to set up my salad.

He takes a bite of it and gives us a confused and disgusted look. "What the hell is this?" He complains, looking at his burger. "Veggie burger" Stiles answers, getting his own food out. "Guys, I asked for a hamburger." Dad tells us. "No, can do pops. We're starting to eat healthy. Well, you two are. I've been healthy. Have to stay in shape for soccer." I send him a smile.

Dad sighs, shaking his head as he opens up a container. Instead of fries like he wanted, it was carrots and celery. "Oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?" Dad sighs. "We're trying to extend your life, okay? Could you just eat it, please? And tell us what you found." Stiles adds and I nod in agreement.

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with teenagers." Dad denies as Stiles takes a sip of his water. My eyes wander over to the board behind him, where a lot of pictures and things were marked. "What's that?" I ask, motioning to his board. Dad glances back before looking back at us.

"Don't look at that." Dad tells us but Stiles and I continue to try and look. "Avert your eyes. Hey!" Dad scolds us. "It's just--I see arrows pointing at pictures." Stiles says as we both continue to look. "Okay, okay, Stop. Fine." Dad says and Stiles and I send each other smirks. "I found something." He says, intriguing us even more. "Mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common." Dad informs us.

"All three?" Stiles questions. "Yeah. You know what I always say. One's an incident. Two's coincidence." Dad starts listing off. "Three's a pattern." Stiles and I answer at the same time. "The mechanic, the husband, the wife, all the same age. All 24." Dad says. "Wait, but what about Mr. Lahey? I mean. Isaac's dad isn't anywhere near 24." Stiles points out.

"Which made me think that either 'a', Lahey's murder wasn't connected or 'b', the ages were a coincidence, until I found this" He holds a folder out towards us. "Which would be 'c'." Stiles opens it up as we look through it. "Did you know that Isaac Lahey had an older brother named Camden?" Dad asks. "Died in combat?" Stiles reads aloud. "But if he were alive today, take one guess as to how old he'd be." Dad says. "24." I sigh and he nods.

Stiles and I look at each other. This information could help us figure out why the Kanima was killing people. Dad stands up, starting to look over the board and Stiles and I walk around the desk, standing beside him, our food forgotten. "Now what if same age means same class? I mean, did you think of that?" Stiles brings up. "Yeah, yeah." Dad nods as we all stand at the board.

"Well, I would've, I mean, l-look, I just got Lahey's file two hours ago." Dad adds. Stiles and I look at him incredulously. "Two hours?" Stiles exclaims. "People are dying out there!" I add. "Yeah, I'm aware of that. Thank you." Dad sighs. We all turn to look at the board again. "Same class. " Stiles mumbles. An idea pops in our heads and we all look at each other.

Dad gets out a bunch of yearbooks and files and we start looking through everything. "Okay, this is it. Class of 2006." Stiles says, holding up a blue file. He starts looking through it as I grab the 2006 yearbook, starting to look through it. "They all went to Beacon hills." Stiles informs us. "Including Isaac's brother." Dad adds, pointing at something in another file.

"All right, but so what if they all knew each other, you know? I mean, two of them were married, so maybe they all just hung out." Stiles says. "I mean, they could've had the same classes together. They could've-" Dad pauses, looking at something. "What?" Stiles asks. "Same teacher." Dad says, pointing at a picture of Harris. "Harris" I sigh.