01 | monse

❝ Don't you dare do anything stupid! That's Cesar Diaz we're talking about! ❞

Don't you dare do anything stupid! That's Cesar Diaz we're talking about!

"Monse," a voice called. "MONSE!"

Monse snapped out of her daydream and jumped up in her seat. She looked around and saw the whole class staring at her.

"What?" she asked with an attitude.

Her teacher crossed her arms angrily. "What?" she repeated. "Is that all you have to say for yourself?"

"I didn't do anything."

"You sure didn't. That's why we're having this conversation in the first place!" Monse's enemy Jasmine Flores stated, which caused Monse to roll her eyes.

Her teacher Mrs. Flores shook her head at Monse. "Pay attention. I don't want to have to fail you on your last couple of days here."

Monse's best friend Kayla Boe's ears perked up. "Wait, WHAT?!"

"Hallelujah," Jasmine muttered.

Monse sucked her teeth and sunk down into her chair, upset that her teacher blurted out her business.

Gee thanks, Mrs. Flores.

Mrs. Flores resumed the lesson. Kayla, who was seated next to Monse, leaned over and whispered to her. "You want to explain what the hell she's talking about?"

"I will. Just not now," Monse whispered back.

"Then when?"

"After class," Monse promised.

At that exact moment, the bell rang. Monse huffed loudly.

Just my luck!

Monse shoved her books into her backpack as Jasmine walked up to her with her squad and purposely bumped into her. She then pretended to be sorry.

"Oh. Oops." Jasmine snickered.

"Watch it," Monse hissed.

"Or what?"

Monse got in Jasmine's face. "I don't think you want to find out."

Jasmine just snickered some more. "You don't scare me. Never have, never will."

"I promise, the last thing I'm going to do before I move is beat your ass. It's on my bucket list," Monse declared with a huge smirk plastered on her face. Afterward, she took out a piece of paper and showed it to Jasmine. It had a list of things she wanted to do before leaving New York, and beating Jasmine's ass was one of them.

Jasmine and her squad gasped when they read the list. Jasmine scowled at Monse. "Whatever bitch!" Then she snapped her fingers. "Let's go ladies!"

Monse snickered as they stormed off. She then grabbed her backpack and swung it over her shoulders and headed to her locker. When she got there, she saw Kayla standing there looking vexed.