40 | jinx

❝ Let's leave the past in the past ❞

Let's leave the past in the past

After school, Monse arrived at the clothing store where Isabella was waiting for her. Monse walked up to her. "Hey!" She hugged her. "Sorry I kept you waiting."

"Oh Monse, it's no problem, really." Isabella was entirely focused on her phone as she said that.

"Who you texting?" Monse wondered.

Isabella smiled. "Ruby."

Monse opened the door and they went inside of the store. She looked around in awe. There were so many pretty dresses. She spoke to Isabella as she looked around. "You and Ruby are adorable, Isabella."

"You don't have to flatter me, Monse."

"No I mean it. Everyone says that Cesar and I are goals, but you two are the real goals."

"Because you are! You two are head over heels for each other! It's inspiring!"

Monse smiled. "Thanks Isabella."

They walked around and looked at the different dresses. They were indecisive on which to buy. All of the dresses looked amazing.

"So how'd it go with Ruby?" Monse continued.

"Fucking amazing! He said yes!" Isabella exclaimed while jumping up and down.

"I'm so glad to hear that!"

"He said all I have to do is make him feel like the luckiest man alive," Isabella began. "But honestly, he makes me feel like the luckiest woman every time I see him."

"Awww Isabella, that's so sweet! Did you tell him that?" Monse asked.

"No..."

"Why not?! He would've loved to hear that!"

"I don't want to make anything awkward between us. He said we're just best friends. I want to respect his wishes."

"I still feel like you should tell him."

Isabella deflected. "Enough about us, how are you and Cesar?"

Monse couldn't wipe the grin off of her face at the thought of Cesar. "Perfect."

"Is he going to be your date?" Isabella asked, still searching for dresses.

"We actually asked each other at the same time."

Isabella's jaw dropped. "Goals."

Monse chuckled. "Cesar is so amazing. I don't say this enough, but thank you Isabella."

"For?"

"Helping us get rid of Latrelle."

Isabella sighed. "Monse..."

"I know. I promised myself that I wouldn't think about him anymore, but..."

"But what?" Isabella questioned.