30 | welcome to my block

❝ I know we haven't always gotten along, but I missed you Cesar ❞

I know we haven't always gotten along, but I missed you Cesar

Saturday morning, Monse was in her bedroom tending to Cesar's bruises. "This might hurt," she warned.

Cesar shrugged. "I can handle it."

Monse frowned as she continued nursing him back to health. She hated seeing him all bruised up, and the fact that a guy she once trusted with her life was the one to do this to him wasn't sitting well with her.

"You sure we shouldn't go to the hospital?"

"No. I'm fine."

"Well what about the cops? They're looking for you," Monse informed him.

Cesar focused on her with a confused look. That was news to his ears. "They are? Spooky called the police?"

Monse shrugged. "I don't know. But we need to tell someone you're safe."

"We will. Just not yet."

Monse didn't press on it anymore. "Fine."

She finished bandaging him and then sat next to him. She spoke softly, never taking her eyes off of him. She needed him to know that she was sorry for her behavior.

"I know we haven't always gotten along, but I missed you Cesar. I was devastated when I heard that you went missing. I thought you-"

"Ran away because of you?" Cesar finished for her.

Monse furrowed her eyebrows. "How do you know?"

Cesar looked straight ahead and shook his head angrily. "Latrelle told me everything." Then he looked at her. "I was so pissed he let you believe that lie."

Hearing that pissed Monse off also. Latrelle really let her believe that she was the cause of Cesar's disappearance for three whole days! Who does that?!

A monster, that's who.

"That piece of shit! I don't ever want to see him again!"

"You're still dating him?"

Monse sighed as she nodded. "Yes. I'm stuck. If I break up with him, he'll start suspecting me. That's if he doesn't already. He probably noticed you escaped."

"We won't let him come after you," Cesar promised.

Monse swallowed hard, praying that was true. Latrelle was dangerous; she knew that now. If he ever found out that she was Cesar's savior...god, the thought alone made chills run down her spine.

"How exactly did this happen, Cesar?"

"Tuesday, Spooky called me and told me that the Prophets killed Pablo," Cesar started.

"Pablo?"

"He was a Santo and my brother's best friend. So we held a little remembrance get together at my house that night. And of course the Prophets showed up and started shooting," Cesar continued.