02 | cesar

❝ People talk about them a lot

People talk about them a lot. And not in a good way

Cesar walked inside of the Principal's office and sat in his usual seat. He was certainly no stranger to the principal's scoldings. "I've been here about five times already. Let's hurry this up."

The Principal paced around. "And you're proud of that? School started yesterday."

Cesar shrugged. "I do what I have to do."

"Like punching innocent boys in the halls?"

"I was supposed to hit the short one," Cesar said with a roll of his eyes.

The Principal shook his head. "You have been nothing but a nuisance at this school. Do you need to be transferred?"

"Na, I'm good."

"Then get your act together or you will be spending the rest of your senior year at a different school. Or Juvie," he warned.

Cesar just faked a yawn, having not a care in the world. "Can I go now?"

The Principal motioned for Cesar to leave. Cesar grabbed his bag and left the office. He went to his locker to check his schedule and saw that he was late for English.

Great.

Cesar got his books and when he slammed his locker, he saw Isabella standing next to him. He jumped a little.

"Oh, hey."

Isabella giggled while clutching her bag. "Sorry for scaring you."

"Na, it's good."

She smiled slyly. "I just wanted to say that I'm impressed with your right hook."

Cesar arched a brow. "Oh really? But I didn't even hit the right guy."

"True. Poor Jamal..."

"Jamal?" Cesar repeated.

"That's his name. Jamal Turner," Isabella informed him.

"Oh..." Cesar paused and turned his body to her. "You seem to know a lot about them."

Isabella shrugged. "People talk about them a lot. And not in a good way."

Cesar scoffed. "I can imagine. That short one is crazy."

"Ruby."

"Yeah, him. I still don't know what he wanted," Cesar said.

"He wants me," Isabella told him.

Cesar furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"He's crushing on me, I can totally tell. He was probably jealous that you were talking to me."

Cesar laughed at the thought. Ruby and Isabella? Psh, not a chance.

"You're out of his league."

"I know right!" Isabella flipped her hair once more and then shrugged. "But I'll have a little fun with him."