25 | L v C

❝ Listen, I don't care how tough you are now, I'll still bust a cap in your ass! ❞

Listen, I don't care how tough you are now, I'll still bust a cap in your ass!

"She really said that?"

Ruby and Jamal were in the hallway and Monse was the topic of their conversation. After English, Jamal stormed out of the class wanting to be nowhere near Monse's negative energy. A part of him just wanted to say fuck it and abandon their mission on trying to save her from Latrelle, but he couldn't get himself to do it.

He knew how much this meant to Cesar, and despite Monse's insults, he didn't want to see her get hurt.

"She did."

"Damn, Monse's a savage!" Ruby joked.

Jamal stared at him, unamused. "It's not funny, Ruby. She's deep in Latrelle's web."

Ruby shrugged and swung his bag over his shoulder. "I mean, she's right about one thing. You do need to find love."

"I do not. I rather focus on my school work and be drama free. I don't want to end up like...you."

Ruby furrowed his eyebrows at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You saw how crazy you got over Isabella. You were ready to die for her."

"That's how it should be," Ruby replied.

Jamal rolled his eyes. "Well find me a drama free girl, and I'm in."

Ruby cocked his head as he thought about who he could hook Jamal up with. "You and Monse would be cute together."

Jamal looked at him in horror. "WHAT?! Okay first of all, she's not drama free. Second of all, she's Cesar's!"

"Technically she's Latrelle's," Ruby corrected him.

Jamal waved a dismissive hand at him, desperately wanted to change the topic. I mean come on, him and Monse? That was ridiculous!

"Okay enough, can we talk about the fact that she's repping the Prophets?"

"She's not a Prophet."

"She might as well be!" Jamal exclaimed. "She's wearing two rings that say P and $."

Ruby looked puzzled. "Pussy and money?"

"NO! Prophet$! Stupid Latrelle is making her wear them for her 'protection," Jamal explained.

"Now that I think about it...Cesar and I saw a Prophet wearing those rings yesterday. The same one that told her about the speech," Ruby recalled.

Jamal pinched his nose in frustration. "I swear, this is turning into a movie."

"My dad told my Ma that I need to learn from my own mistakes. So what if we just...let Monse be?" Ruby suggested.

Jamal scoffed. "Try telling Cesar that."