Feels like home

The early morning sun hit my face causing me to slowly wake up. I felt two strong arms wrapped round my waist, holding me close to their body. I felt safe, I felt happy, I felt content. I kept my eyes closed, a soft smile itching on my lips. This was peaceful. If only I could stay here, like this forever.
I counted down in my head from 100, mentally preparing myself for Louis' alarm to go off. 6.15am, our daily wake up call.
I got down to one when the sound ruined the peace in the quiet room. Louis stirred next to me, I felt him turn over and switch the alarm off.
'Haz' I hear him softly call in my ear giving me a gentle shake. I hated being woken up, but somehow it didn't bother me when Louis did it.
'I'm already awake' I grumble still unwilling to open my eyes and greet the day. Louis let out a sigh as he stretched.
'You should get up soon, big day today babe' Louis said climbing out of bed. I groan.
Today was promotion day for my new album. Things with one direction didn't last forever. Not long after Matilda was born we all made a hard decision to take a break from the band so I could focus on handling my responsibilities as a father. The break was well needed in the beginning, but after a while I grew to miss making music and touring. Louis was extremely supportive when I told him how I missed it and how I wanted to maybe look at doing a solo career. Taylor however wasn't so sure, Matilda was four now; but Taylor's career is still blooming and Louis and I have been supporting her and I've been revolving my life around Taylor and my daughter. For months on end I tried to ignore the nagging I had to carry on making music and I needed to be there for my daughter. So in the end I made a deal with Taylor that I would make as much time as I possibly could for my daughter but this was something I need to do.

The warm water hit my body at a comfortable force. The pressure woke me up, I needed to be on my top game today. But having a daughter meant I had to sacrifice my sleep, and these early morning get ups didn't help me so much. An unsettling feeling lingered in my stomach, I was nervous but I didn't know why. I had done tons of album promotions when I was part of one direction. But I knew this time I was on my own, I would be doing this interview on my own; and that scared me.

I walked back into the bedroom to see Louis has laid out my clothes on our bed. A nice white button down shirt, nice comfy smart looking black jeans, black blazer and my black dress shoes. I quickly got dressed, looking in the mirror as I ran the hairdryer over my curls. A haircut was on my to-do list.
I walked down the stairs the smell of toast could be smelt in the air and the low buzz of the tele could he heard. I walked into the living room to see Matilda and Louis curled up on the couch. The bond they had really melted my heart. With Matilda only being four she didn't really understand the situation with me and Louis, so to her he was uncle Louis. He probably would stay that for the rest of his life.

'Good morning princess' I chirp, bending down and kissing my daughter on her forehead. She smiles a lazy smile at me too engrossed with what's on the tele.
'There is some tea in the pot' Louis says as he gets up and follows me to the kitchen. I smile at him and pour myself a cup.
'You prepared for the interview?' He asks as he makes me some toast. I sip my tea thinking about his question. Interviews have never been hard, I've always known what to say. But gut feeling tells me this one will be different. I nod slowly.
'Yeah I guess, I suppose all it'll be is talking about my album and my upcoming tour' I shrug taking another sip of tea. Louis hums in agreement.
'I suppose you are right, you've done this so many times you know the drill, I just feel worried for you, if I'm being honest' there's a weird look in his eyes as he says the words. I furrows eye brows in confusion. Why is he worried?
'Why? I ask hesitantly. Louis sighs and gives a shrug of his shoulders.
'Just a lot has happened since One Direction split. And out of all of us, you are the first to go solo. I'm just worried that people will focus more on your life than your music. You aren't Harry from One direction anymore. You're gay Harry, who has a child with a women'
I feel a slight sting with his words. I may not be in one direction anymore but my fan base is still there. If anything it went up when Louis and I showed the world who we really were. I can't blame Louis for being worried, he's managed to come out of the spotlight a little bit even after coming out as gay.
'Everything will be okay.  The fans support me 110% you know that. You've seen it. I enjoy performing I'm not ready to give it up yet.' I reassure him. I take his hands in mine and give them each a gentle kiss. Louis smiles softly at me.
'Okay, I just worry. But it's only cause I love you.'
I smile at his words, leaning in and giving his lips a quick kiss.
'I love you too. I probably should get going. Beat the early morning traffic' I finish my cup of tea and take a quick couple of bites out the toast. Before kissing my daughter goodbye and jumping in my car and heading towards London studios.