3

Before Unfaithful

"How could you do this to me?! To Jisoo and I?!" A loud and furious scream of a Korean woman was bouncing around the cold and empty mansion near on top of a hill looking down upon Seoul.

This was the mansion of a very well-known and wealthy family from Korea. The Kim's family.

The family is consisted of three, first off is Kim Minho, the patriach and current president of Kim Corps. A company dominating the Asian business world and is now slowly climbing up to the Western part of the world.

Second is the matriach, Kim Sonyong. A former popular korean actress, and now a well-known producer of multiple films in Korea, who married the Kim Heir years ago.

Finally, the current Heiress to all this fortune, Kim Jisoo.

A younger version of Kim Jisoo (aproximately 13 years old) can be seen in her room shivering from the cold temperature outside their home. It was early december and the cold atmosphere is slowly creeping through her limbs, even though she is tightly snuggled upon her sweater and the heater is in maximum level.

The temperature wasn't the only thing making her shiver— but also from the loud fight her parents are currently having. It wasn't a sight or event unfamiliar to her. When she first witnessed this scene, her heart broke. Later on, she realized that it would have happened either way.

At an early age, Jisoo was already exposed to the reality of the outside world. From conniving liars to manipulating people. Being the current heiress meant she has to stay vigilant, because at any moment someone may come barging and in an instant, and everything you owned may no longer be there.

Her father and mother's romance came as quite a shock to the world, no one actually expected them both to get together. Fortunately, love knows no boundaries as it makes even the steel and ice cold heart melt.

Once upon a time they were young and in love, her mother and father both married after dating for a year. A year later too, she was conceived. Her family was almost perfect, although her father was a busy man who goes to business trips a lot. She thinks her family, is a happy family.

At least that was what she believed until she saw the ugly truth.

Her father was a prideful man, her mother was no different. Both came from fame and power and of course pride will always be in the way. With both of them known for their head strong attitude, obviously none of the two will ever back down on a fight. It all started with a disagreement, after that brew doubts, and now they are just plain old irritated with each other. So arguments and fights, is somewhat of a regular occurrence in their household now.

But today, something is different than their usual fights and Jisoo has never heard her mother sound so... Heartbroken.

After hearing the first few angry sentences spouted by her mother, Jisoo silently walked up to her room. Sometimes, she wonders, that the reason why their helpers rarely stay in the mansion was because they should never hear the arguments of her parents. They have to appear as this one big happy family after all. Scandals will bring forth your own downfall so as much as possibly they have to heavily avoid it.

But boy, was she wrong.

Jisoo just grabbed the controller of her Xbox so she could just play, rather than listen to her parents all night long. She chose to play Minecraft. Hehehe you're never too old to play Minecraft

Jisoo was in the middle of making her character do parkours on top of a pool of lava when a loud bang of their front door closing caused her to flinch in surprise, accidently clicking the forward button on her controller.

"OH CRAP!" she screeched out in horror as her character fell down the lava with her diamond stuff and seeing the 'You Died' on screen.

NOOOOOO... she silently wailed, because even though she wants to cry right now for losing her progress, she will be ok, cause she's Jisoo.

Jisoo just dropped her controller in frustration and turned her face away from the TV screen. Her lips formed a tiny pout. She walked up to her bed and slumped down at it face first.

After a few minutes, she hears her bedroom door creak open. Jisoo raised her head and she saw her father on his business suit, standing on her door with a sad smile gracing his handsome features. Even if the Head Kim is in his late forties, his visual appeal was no joke, and women still swooned over his handsome features, this is more times the cause of her parents fights.

From who else would Jisoo get her visual goddess beauty right?

"Appa?" She called out in surprise.

The man did not respond, he walk up to the girl and took a seat on her bed.

"Your Eomeoni went out, we had a little misunderstanding." His sad smile was replaced with a tight lipped frown.

When will the day come where both of them backs down and not let their pride eat their entire being? She glumly thought.

Jisoo sat up. "Where will she sleep?"

"She will stay with your Halmeoni."

Her father cleared his throat, "Tomorrow, you will accompany me to my business trip."

Huh? This never happened before...

"Will Umma come with us?" Jisoo asked.

"No." Jisoo's father stiffly replied.

"Wae?" she gave him a confused look.

Jisoo's father gave her a conflicted look, "She has some important production projects to do. In the mean time you will join me in my trip." He smoothly lied.

Father you forget I'm your daughter whom  you taught how to immediately spot liars...

"Ok."

Kim Minho immediately stood up once Jisoo agreed. "Pack your bags, we will be staying on that trip for a week." He fixed his coat.

"What?! A week?!" Jisoo exclaimed. "But what about school?!"

"I'll talk to your principal." He sighed.

"How important is this meeting that I have to come with you? Where are we going anyway?" Jisoo curiously asked her father.

He walked out the room, "Auckland, New Zealand." He answered and closed the door.