21

×-×-×-×

(I've stayed blind for so long only because I didn't want to open my eyes from the hard truth. But it hurts way more than I could have imagined.)

×-×-×-×

The door to Jennie's office in the company opens.

"Jennie."

Jennie frowns and looks up from the laptop to the direction of the door.

"Kai?" Jennie looked at the guy in shock.

"Ms. Kim, I'm sorry he insisted to come in I tried to-" Jennie's secretary, Dahyun, frantically enters her boss's office.

Jenni flicks her eyes from Kai to Dahyun, "It's fine. We're just gonna have a talk. Please, return to your work." she dismisses the girl.

Dahyun apologizes again then bows and leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

Kai steps closer to Jennie's desk where the girl was looking at her with a blank expression. Kai stops in his tracks when Jennie gives him a piercing glare.

Kai gulps and takes out the three rose's he hid behind him.

"Here, for you." Kai shyly offers them to Jennie.

Jennie frowns and gives the roses then Kai a cold stare, "Kai, what are you doing?" she bluntly asks.

The falters and drops his outstretched hand, he places the roses on Jennie's desk.

"Visiting you...?" Kai shifts on his feet. The cold and dismissing attitude of his lover was both hurting him and making him uncomfortable.

"I can see that--" the frown in Jennie's lips never vanished.

"But why?" she says in annoyance, her gaze was now redirected to the bubble that popped out of her laptop screen, indicating she received a message.

Kai's soft gaze on the girl hardened, "You haven't been answering my calls and texts this pass few days. So I got worried."

"So you come barging in here just because of that?" Jennie scoffs.

Kai became livid, "Why are you so annoyed with the thought of me visiting you to your work?"

"I'm not." Jennie grits her teeth, "I'm just... tired okay and you suddenly come here unannounced."

Kai gave her an understanding look, all traces of anger in his handsome face were wiped away. He takes large strides from his place to cross beside Jennie's desk.

In an instant, Kai grabs Jennie's cheeks and gives her a passionate kiss in the mouth.

Jennie takes in a sharp breath from the sudden move.

Kai presses his lips harder to Jennie when she doesn't respond.

Lisa...

Jennie closes her eyes.

What about Lisa...

Jennie grabs Kai's collar and Kai pulls her closer.

WHAT ABOUT LISA GOD DAMMIT!

Jennie breaks away from Kai's kiss. She harshly pushes him away and catches her breath.

Kai stumbles back, "What's wrong?" he catches himself at the edge of the desk and scrunches his forehead.

Jennie places the back of her hand over her lips, still taking in harsh breaths.

Lisa... Jennie firmly closes her eyes.