4

Bold means they are speaking in English.

×-×-×-×

Before Unfaithful

Jisoo sometimes accompanies her father on business trips. He says that it's for exposure so that she will have first hand experience in how negotiating with clients from other countries work. She thinks it's just to intimidate business partners for them to fear the Kim family, knowing the current heiress is being molded like a true business woman who will take over their business empire.

But Jisoo is Jisoo, and she will never be like her father, or her ancestors before her.

What Jisoo absolutely loved about her father's business trips is, discovering and experiencing new cultures from various country and people. She loved how different everything is from her home, just having the chance to witness this is purely exciting.

When they left their house (or mansion, really), her mother only contacted Jisoo on her phone to say goodbye to her. Her mother sounded a little off on the call and when Jisoo asked if she wanted to say goodbye to her father, Jisoo's mom grew silent but then said a plain "No" before hanging up the phone.

Jisoo slightly pondered about how her mother acted, but then shrugged it off– instead, she continued to savor the fried chicken wings one which the plane's flight attendant gave her. Jisoo's father was seated across from her with a tablet on his lap and it seems like he was reading something on it.

They hear the planes intercom suddenly buzz and the captain's voice was heard, "This is the captain speaking, we are about to land in Auckland, New Zealand in about 10 minutes. I suggest all passengers to refrain from standing up their seats and to buckle up their seatbelts."

"Finish up your food and please wipe off the crumbs from your face Soo," Her father looked at her with a frown and a tinge of disapproval from her table manners.

Jisoo swallowed, "Sorry Appa." she looked at him apologetically as she grabbed the tissue beside her to wipe off the oil and crumbs from her lips and fingers.

Jisoo can feel the plane tilt, her ears started to have that popping feeling, indicating that the plane is already landing.

"We have safely landed at exactly 7:36 pm on Auckland, New Zealand with a flight time of approximately 12 hours and 40 minutes. My name is Captain Lee Hyeon-Suk, I welcome you to the Land of the Kiwis Mr. and Ms. Kim." the captain of the plane happily announced in the intercom.

After a few minutes, Jisoo and her father unbuckled their seatbelts and made their way out of the plane. The cool winter breeze breeze of Auckland welcomed the two and Jisoo had to rub both of her hands to relieve the frost.

"Hello Sir Kim, Ma'am Kim." A accented man spoke and greeted them once they were down the ground. He was built with brown hair and blue eyes with formal clothes on. "I'm from Hero Holiday, and I'm here to escort you guys to our hotel which you booked in." He guided Jisoo and Minho to an expensive looking car.

"Excellent." Jisoo's father nodded and Jisok silently followed him as the both of them entered the car. The drive from the airport to the hotel wasn't that long. Their guards were on their own cars, tailing them from behind through out the journey.

They arrived at the hotel and just as expected, it was grand. Even the lobby looked expensive. Jisoo unamusingly looked around the place. The first thing she would visit is most probably the restaurant. To be honest, Jisoo didn't care about her sleeping arrangements as long as the food in the place she will stay on is superb. Food is life.