Encore; Hope Not

"One was blinded with Love. One was blinded with Lust. One loved selflessly while the other loved selfishly."

×-×-×-×

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Hope Not by Blackpink

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺ 0:00ㅇ────── 3:12

×-×-×-×

A few years later

Day 1,444

"I sit by the window where cold air rushes by."

×-×-×-×

A certain raven-haired girl walk down the snowy streets of Seoul. She tightened the scarf around her neck and pushed down the beanie on top of her head. The cold temperature was making her want to jump on lava.

She hated the cold.

The streets weren't that busy, unlike when there is no threat to becoming a human popsicle. The girl saw a coffee shop just up ahead and she quickened her pace to that direction. A few minutes later, she arrived at the scene and the door opened with a soft ding from the bell above it. An air of warmth enveloped the girl and she let out a sigh of relief.

The girl walked up to the not-so busy counter and ordered some coffee and crossiants to further warm herself.

"May I get your name ma'am?" the barista politely asked.

"Jennie." the girl answered.

The barista nodded and wrote on the piece of sticky paper she had been holding.

Jennie looked around to find an empty seat, and to her luck, she found one just by the window. She strutted over it and sat down, she removed her coat and once again welcomed the warmth given by the heater of the coffee shop.

She looked at the window and was mesmerized by the snow slowly falling down the sky which coated the entirety of Seoul in a white blanket.

Jennie leaned on her hands still looking outside with half-lidded eyes.

She was startled from her trance when one of the baristas brought her the food she ordered.

"One hot brewed coffee and crossiant for Ms. Jennie." the barista placed her ordered in front of her with the sticky note on the cup. Her name was mispelled as 'Jenny' with a smiley face beside of it.

The girl smiled at the silly mistake.

Jennie poured a spoonful of sugar and stirred. She took the cup and softly blew on top of the hot coffee before taking tiny sips.

Jennie releases a sigh of contentment from the taste of the coffee. She takes the tissue to grab a hold of the crossiant, taking a small bites from the tip and down the middle.

Once eating half of the bread, Jennie places the crossiant back to the plate, wiping the crumbs that stuck to her lips and cheeks with her thumb. Feeling unconscious if some crumbs were still stuck, she grabs her coat to fish out her phone.

Instead of finding her phone, her finger touches a slightly rough, flat surface, in one of her coat's pocket. She frowns from the unfamiliar object inside her coat.

Jennie grabs the item inside the coat to take it out.

There in her hand, was a white scented envelope neatly tied with a red ribbon in the middle.