6. Bloodmoon Ritual

Hey there! I hope you're enjoying the story of Aurora so far, and keep up the comments and votes... it's greatly appreaciated.

*************************************************************************************************

Ireland is a beautiful country. Not only is it home to some of the oldest magic known to man, it's also a beautiful place when it comes to scenery and landscapes.

Having been to Ireland on numerous occasions I still marveled at the sight spreading out before me like a beautiful canvas of green and grey, earth and sky blending together in a cacaphony of colours and shapes. The air seemed permeated with the smell of damp earth, leaves and the scent of freshly fallen rain. Hills in a thousand diffrent shades of green reached as far as my eyes could see, varying from a crystal clear emerald to a deep shade of forest green. The grass was covered in dew, the clouds above forming a deep gray-and-white deck that was ever-changing.

"Are we there yet?" Tonks asked impaciently behind me.

If anyone ever thought it would be easy to travel several hundred miles accompanied by no other than Nymohadora Tonks, they were sorely mistaken. Despite the fact that we had apparated into the city and from there used to floo network to some small village in the middle of nowhere, there was still a lot of ground to cover.

Druids weren't exactly known for their availability....

In fact, if there was ever any society more easily reached than the Druids, I had yet to see it. I knew for a fact that the group of people we were about to visit weren't too keen on recieving visitors. Hell, no one knew where to find them except for a select few. And even then, their territory was fiercely protected and heavily guarded with protection spells and shielding charms.

And it was Old Magic.

Magic of the Earth. Of Nature. The magic of the Druids stemmed from the elemental forces of nature. The essence of life. The basic strengths that shaped the world when magic was still young.

I sighed.

"See that forest over there?" I said, pointing to the treeline visible several miles from where we were standing.

Tonks nodded.

"Well that's it" I said as I continued walking, my quiet introspection interrupted by the cheerful Auror walking beside me.

"So.... how much more walking?" Tonks questioned "because it seems like we've been walking for like forever..."

"About an hour" I answered curtly, keeping up a steady pace as we decended the hill we'd been standing on.

There was a brief silence, one in which I observed Tonks as she walked beside me. The perky witch most defenitely had a quirky personality. With her cheerful smile and charming personality could never quite picture her as an Auror. I'd always believed those to be a bunch of serious-looking people with skills that enabled them to blend in and remain inconspicuous. And no one would ever say Tonks was the wallflower kind-of girl.

Submerged deeply in that train of thought I nearly missed Tonks tripping over her own two feet and almost doing a face-plant onto the grassy ground.

"Ouch!" She exclaimed "Damn my clumsiness!"

I chuckled, looking back to see Tonks smiling sheepishly at me.

"You okay?" I inquired as I waited for her to catch up.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Although I might have twisted my ankle...." she said with a loud groan as she rolled her eyes at me.

I nodded, quickly whipping out my wand and pointing it at her ankle.