It was a Fluke Win Anyways

Requested by: N/A
Reader: They/Them
AUs: N/A
Prompt: During one of your battles with the prideful Bede, he had managed to snag a win. But what happens when he starts to call his win a fluke? (Based on a mini-comic made by gloomi.desu on Instagram)
Warnings: Tsudere Bede, fluff

———————————

"I... I won...?" Bede gasped, adrenaline still pumping in his veins. You called back your last Pokémon, just as shock. Disbelief written all over both of your faces. Bede suddenly smirked, his prideful and smug attitude showing through. "I mean- of course I won! Why wouldn't I? I-"

Bede stopped as you kneeled on the dirt patch clutching your last Pokémon's ball in your hands. You didn't realize how much losing was going to effect you, you were use to winning battle after battle. A sudden wave of disappointment washed over you.

"I'm sorry for losing... I must've let you all down as a trainer..." you spoke to your Pokémon. Bede watched you as you stayed on the ground for a bit, his own excitement dying out quickly. Why was he suddenly feeling bad about winning, this was something he spent hours training for. Shouldn't he be feeling some kind of accomplishment? You tucked your pokeballs away in your bag before standing up, unaware of a stray tear making its way down your cheek. Despite the smile on your face it was clear that you were upset. . "Ah... sorry about that I- Congrats Bede. You won-"

"It was a fluke," Bede interrupted. What the hell am I even saying? Before he could stop himself he was already blabbering on. "As much as I hate to admit it my win was pure luck. I just got lucky alright?"

Bede averted his gaze as he made excuses for his win, his cheeks dusted red. You just stared, unsure of what to say to him. He mumbled something incoherent before sighing and looking at you.

"Don't make me repeat myself, you just got lucky this time alright?" Bede hissed before turning heel and sprinting away. You slowly got up, confused.

Was... was this his way of comforting you?

Regardless, it seemed to work somewhat. You found it cute.

With your free hand you wiped the tears from your face and stood up. A new wave of determination washed over you, this lose wasn't something to get upset over, rather it was something to learn from. You peered down the path, seeing a fading Bede still running. You took a deep breath and clasped your hands around your mouth and shouted loudly.

"BEDE!"

Bede froze, turning around to see your determined expression on your face. You stood proudly and extended your arm towards him, pointing. A smile was on your face. The wind blew gently as he suddenly realized how cool you looked.

"Next time! I'll win for sure! You won't be so lucky!" You smiled fiercely at Bede, in which he responded with a smirk of his own.

"I won't need luck next time!" He shouted back. You gave him a thumbs up before running off to find the nearest Pokémon center. The smile on your face never leaving and the desire to grow strong for the sake of your Pokémon gave you an extra boost to your steps.

Bede watched as you disappeared into the dirt path, his own smirk still visible. He turned around, flipping his hair with his hand as he walked deeper into the woods. He was gonna win again, and there was no way he was gonna slack off this time.

Next time... you thought as you handed over your pokeballs to Nurse Joy.

Next time... Bede thought as he found a spot to train his Pokémon.

Next time..! I'll win for sure!

———————————