A Rapid-ash Meeting

Requested by: @neptuni-dama
Reader: She/Her
AUs: N/A
Prompt: While out on walk through the wild area, your Rapidash makes a break for it. After chasing after it, you've come face to face with your Rapidash and Bede's Rapidash cuddling.
Warnings: None really, you both become grandparents to a pokemon egg ig

-------------------

"Let's see... I think we have to go down this way..." you hummed, looking at the map in your hands. You held it at arms length, turning it around just to make that you weren't reading it upside down. The map just looked more twisted and confusing that way.

Your Rapidash seemed go be growing tired of your indecisiveness, she was trailing behind. Your Rapidash, (Nickname), wasn't like any other Rapidash from Galar, in fact she wasn't even a fairy type! (Nickname) was a fire type Rapidash that you had gotten from a wonder trade!

You had gotten her as a Ponyta and now, after many days of training she had evolved into a valuable member of your team.

(Nickname) nudged your back, whining for you to decide where to go. You gave her an apologetic look, rubbing her nose. "Sorry (Nickname), I'm having trouble reading the map but don't worry! We'll be on our way soon enough!"

(Nickname) was not having it.

She huffed, looking away with sass. You sighed, focusing on your map. You turned the map around, trying to see where you were. A couple more minutes passed by before you were able to make sense of it. You smiled, glad to finally see where you were heading to.

"Alright (Nickname)! I know where we are! Now we can head to... (Nickname)?" You looked around, there was no sign of your Rapidash anywhere. "(Nickname)? Where are you?!"

"Where the hell did you come from?!" Bede yelled, uttering taken aback by the Rapidash that had crashed his campsite. His own Rapidash making quick friends with it. "Wait- I know you. You're that girl's Rapidash! (Y/N)! Where is she?!"

The Rapidash huffed, turning her head at Bede. She huffed, running off to play with Bede's Rapidash, who seemed to be just as edgar to do so.

"Wha- hey come back! I'm not done talking to you!" Bede's protests fell on deaf ears. Neither Rapidash paid mind to him. Bede grumbled, turning heel at the pair.

Truth be told, this wasn't the first time that your Rapidash had made it's way to him and his Rapidash, and something told him it wouldn't be the last time either. The first time that it happened you were absolutely frantic, your looked near tears! You had heard that in other regions there were organizations that stole people's pokemon, and you feared the worse. You thanked Bede for having found your beloved (Nickname). Bede on the other hand, scoffed and told you to keep a better eye on your Pokemon.

Bede looked up at the sky, taking note that it was almost the afternoon. You should be making your grand entrance soon enough.

"(NICKNAME)!" You cried, running up to your Rapidash. (Nickname) huffed. "I'm sorry I took so long figuring out the map! I promise I know where we're going now! Please don't leave again!"

"I swear, if you keeping losing sight of your pokemon..." Bede hissed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Jumping at Bede's harsh tone, you gave him a meek wave, "Hi! Bede... thank you for finding my Rapidash... hehe..."

"Are you sure your pokemon isn't running away from you?" Bede glared. You gave him an offended look.

"Of course not! She's just a diva!" Your Rapidash huffed. "See!"

"Right. Anyways, leave. My pokemon and I are in the middle of something," Bede said, turning around to face his team. He suddenly stopped, turning his head to shot you a mean look. "Unless... you're looking to get beaten in battle?"

It was effective, you shot him a mean look as well and stood up straight.

"Says the one who's lost every match," you smirked, irking Bede.

"Why you...! Let's battle! Loser has to grovel at the winner's feet!"

"You're on! (Nickname)! Go!"

"Rapidash, stomp!"

Except...

"Huh? (Nickname)? I said go!" You repeated, only to have your pokemon huff and lay down.

"Rapidash, use stomp!" Bede commanded again only for his pokemon to trot over to your Rapidash and lay besides her.

Your eye caught the glimpse of something between the two. Your hand flew to your mouth, shocked and excited.

"Rapidash? What's wrong with you?" Bede asked, looking a little worried. You walked over to Bede, a small smile on your face. He looked at you, annoyed. "What's wrong with you?:

"I think we're grandparents Bede," you giggled. Bede nearly choked, face in complete shock as he saw you pointing at the the two.

Nestled between the two pokemon was an egg, both Rapidashes looking over it tenderly.

"But- I-I- you- how?!" He was speechless.

"This is so exciting! Do you think the baby will be a fairy or fire type?" You asked, nearing your Rapidash who just huffed.

"Wait! I'm still processing this!" Bede gasped.

"Wait, which one of us gets to keep the egg?"

"ONE QUESTION AT A TIME"

-------------

((Rock paper scissors. Who will keep the egg? Also, this is kinda unrelated to my books or writings but I'm working on relaunching my patreon. It's been a lot of work so far, but I'm very excited. Hopefully I get a few patrons once it's ready.))