Goodbye to You and Rock

Requested by: N/A
Reader: Guitarist, Rock Enthusiast, They/Them
AUs: High School! AU
Prompt: Having just gone through the end of a toxic friendship with a dear friend of yours, you find yourself in the empty auditorium of your school. With your (electrical?) guitar in hand you wail out your latest song for yourself but it turns out that you weren't alone after all.
Warnings: A bit angsty? Based on this song:

———————————

Being part of the school council was hard enough. Having to check over every club's activities and manage the budgets for the year was hard. Checking every classroom and empty room for students because the janitor had other things to do that night was infuriating. Bede huffed, a sour look on his face. Part of him wanted to just go home and sleep, but he knew better. His homework wasn't gonna do itself. He had to set an example to the rest of the school, what kind of student council president would he be if he had missing assignments?

Bede opened the door to his classroom, his eyes scanning the empty room. It seemed empty... he stepped inside, walking down the rows of desks. It was empt- his foot got caught on something, making him tumble forwards. He caught his balance, thankfully.

"The hell did I trip on..?!" He hissed, looking at his foot. It got tangled with a backpack strap. And by the looks of it, it was also open and full of assignments which scattered on impact. Another sigh escaped his lips as he kicked the bag off his feet and knelt down to pick up the papers. "What a drag..."

He gathered the papers, immediately recognizing that a few of them were older while the rest were recent. But none of them had a name written on them. What kind of idiot... he stuffed the papers back inside the bag before swinging it onto his shoulder. He'll turn the bag into the lost and found before leaving for the day. His eyes glanced back to the desk in which he found the bag, for some reason he was having trouble remembering who sat there...

Bede had finished off with most of the rooms inside the building, all that was left was the school gym and the auditorium. Turns out that lugging the bag he found a while back was a lot more tiresome than he expected. He shoulder ached already. Bede walked around the gym, looking inside the supply room before deciding that it was empty. All that was left now was the auditorium.

"I hate... this so much..." he hissed under his breath. He locked the doors of the gym and walked to the large building. As he neared the building he saw that one of the doors was left wide open. "Are you bloody serious-"

He picked up his pace, ready to barge inside and give an earful to whoever was inside. "Hey! You need to-"

The sound of someone connecting an instrument- a guitar by the sound of it- to the speakers made him stop in his tracks. A few questions ran through his mind, one in specific being, how the hell did this person get a hold of the assembly speakers?! He neared the door, clearing his throat so he would sound as intimidating as possible when he heard a the person playing a few notes on the guitar. Against his better judgement he decided to peer inside rather than confront the person head on. Curiosity was taking over.

Standing on the stage was a person, the school's blazer wrapped around their waist and long hair tied in a (low) ponytail. The person had a guitar in their hand, a strap around their neck as they messed with a microphone. With a click it sprung to life and caused a high pitch ring before settling down. You placed it on its stand as you placed another stand besides you. This one had a music sheet on it, and by the looks of it you had written it yourself. You had a stern look on your face, like you were holding something back as you finished preparing your set up.

With a strum of your guitar you began to play.

"I'm gonna say goodbye, to you and rock"

Bede watched as you sang loud and proud, your voice clear as day. You began clapping to a rhythm, your eyes glancing once to the music sheet in front of you before you began to play your guitar again. Your fingers ran across the fret board as you played a riff, one that you've been practicing for awhile now.

Bede watched from the open doors of the auditorium, his eyes wide as he fixated on you playing your instrument with expertise. As he began to pay attention to the words of your song he wondered what had happened to you.

As the song began to slow down he watched you pull the tie keeping your hair together. From behind you grabbed a pair of scissors and held your hair in a tight bunch. Bede held his breath, suddenly scared of what you were planning to do. He gasped as you closed the scissors on your hair with ease, a faint click echoed through the suddenly quiet auditorium. Whatever hair you had left fell forwards to frame your face messily. You had tears in your eyes but the fire in them never faltered. The scissors and hair fell to the ground as you strummed the guitar harshly as you finished up the song.

"Ah! I'm gonna say goodbye to you and rock!"

Your song ended with another riff. You stood motionless on the stage, your head tilted back and your lungs gasping for air. The tears were gone and it felt like a weight was lifted from your shoulders. You fell to your knees, a smile plastered on your face as you began to laugh.

"You are aware of the punishments for staying after school hours right?" The voice made you freeze, your head snapping to find the student body president standing at the entrance of the auditorium. You quickly stood up, nearly knocking the microphone stand over.

"I- I didn't realize-" you stuttered, your face flushing red. Did he see you?

"Not to mention that your managed to grab a hold of the assembly equipment, this could result in a week's suspension. Maybe even an expulsion," He hummed, his poker face sending you into a deeper panic. You scrambled down the stage, suddenly scared.

"No wait- please don't! I'll clean everything up- I swear!" You begged, grabbing hold of his school blazer. You looked near to tears, and scared.

"What were you even doing here?" He asked, shaking you off. You clasped your hands nervously, a small twinge of pain shook you as you recalled what had happened earlier in the week.

"Well... I- I found out that my fr- ex friend was making fun of me behind my back. He was also planning on kicking me it from the band we made... and I... I need a way to vent... so I..." You began to trail off, now embarrassed.

"So you came in here to sing?" Bede finished off. You nodded softly. He sighed, his hand pinching the bridge of his nose. "Really now, what am I to do now?"

"I- I can do your homework for a week- no a month! I'll even do your classroom chores for you! I'll do anything just please don't tell the teachers!" You were frantically speaking as you tried to find a way to bribe the student body president. This was purely idiotic but you were desperate at this point.

Bede watched as you spoke rapidly, an idea crossing his mind as you promised to do anything. If things worked out in his favor... he could use this to his advantage. It'll bring up his school status and it may be enough to impress the school's chairman!

"Will you now?" Bede asked, his stare stern. You nodded rapidly. He smirked, his free hand twirling a loose strand of your hair between his fingers. Your heart skipped a beat as you held your breath. "I have a better idea. Why don't you participate in this month's talent show? If you win it, I'll let this slide. What do you say?"

Your face flushed as he neared your face, and you couldn't form a coherent sentence. Instead you settled for a simple nod. Bede smiled, he let go of your hair and stepped back. "Great, but I still expect you to clean this mess up. I'll give you 20 minutes before I lock up"

Bede walked out of the auditorium, leaving you a flustered mess. You let a small squeak as you tried to make sense of what just happened. With shaking legs you began to clean up the mess you made, your brain still fried.

Bede on the other hand was already plotting his rise in status.

With you, there was no doubt, he'll gain the chairman's favor.

——————————