[1] My (Fake) Boyfriend

Requested by: @karenusia
Reader: They/Them Champion!
AUs: Fake Dating AU! + Aged Up
Prompt: Being Champion means that the media always wants to know more about you. From what you do on your free time to what your love life is like. But what happens when you panic and say you have a boyfriend, when in reality you don't? There's no option but to come clean when the annual Galar ball comes up and you don't have a date to prove your words... right?
Warnings: it's a little long, maybe a little angst, maybe a little repressed feelings for one another, maybe a bitter ending? :P

————————

"Champion (Y/N)! Is it true that you've had a spat with one of the gym leaders?"

"What? No- that's not true-"

Being champion... is hard.

"Champion! There are rumors that your favorite restaurant is in Circhester!"

"Well, there is a restaurant with good food there-"

From rumors to down right lies.

"Champion, a lot of your adoring fans are curious about your love life. What can you tell us about it?"

To invasion of privacy... things like these you had to bite your tongue and just smile.
Well... at least that's what Leon told you to do. You weren't very smart on keeping your mouth quiet.

"My love life? Well... uh..." you stuttered, growing more nervous as the paparazzi suddenly went silent. There were only the clicks of the camera lens closing as they all captured images of you.

"I have a boyfriend...?"

There was a brief second of silence before the press suddenly began pushing pass each other to ask you many questions. You flinched as the space around you began to diminish rapidly.

"Can you tell us more about your boyfriend?!"

"Is it one of the gym leaders?!"

"How long have you two been together?!"

That was just over a week ago, and the press hasn't died down about it. To say that you've dug your own grave was an understatement. And things are only getting worse now that you've received an invitation to Galar's annual ball- with a guest ticket for your "boyfriend."

.
.
.

"So you lied about having a boyfriend... on national television?!" Bede hissed, his hands slamming on the table as he shot up from his seat. You immediately brought a finger to your lips, shushing him as people seemed to walk by without batting an eye to Bede's outburst. Bede huffed, sitting down and folding his arms in annoyance. "Don't tell me to shush, you totally screw up. Big time"

"I know, I know..! I can't believe I did that either!" You groaned, pressing your cheek to the table in defeat. Your cheeks burning in embarrassment as you continued to beat yourself up over your actions.

After your interview went live on national television you got a string of messages from the platinum guy. He seemed surprised that you had a boyfriend, he even accused you of hiding things from him. It was no secret that you two had become rather close in the past few years, to the point where many believed that you two were more than just friends. So you could only imagine his shocked expression when he caught word of your secret relationship on tv. Over a call you explained the situation, he obviously berating you over your lie before deciding to meet up to talk about it further.