Oblivious Charmer

Requested by: @xXWynter_13Xx
Reader: She/Her
AUs: High School AU
Prompt: (Bede x Reader x Hop) Bede, the student body president, has a weird way of showing his affection towards others. Which is why Hop thought that he had to step in when he saw Bede teasing you. And thus, you end up getting involved in a love triangle!
Warnings: Romance, Fluff, cliches cuz those are fun, Jealously, Love Triangle not a love angle!!!

—————————

"You're hopeless, you know that right?" Bede sighed. In his hands was your latest test scores, it was safe to say that you didn't pass. You were never very bright when it came to this subject, and it clearly showed.

You let out a soft chuckle as you tried to not be too embarrassed. "It was a really hard test..."

Bede sighed, shoving your test back into your hands. You stumbled back a bit, your back hitting a wall. Bede's arm caged you in, leaving you to look at him with confusion.

Hop watched from around the corner, his eyes widen as he stared. Was the student body president really bullying someone?! Hop ducked behind the corner when Bede suddenly turned to look to his direction.

What do I do?!

Should he intervene? Call a teacher? Would anyone even believe him if he told them that the student body president was in fact, a bully? He peeked around the corner, his eyes glaring daggers as he watched Bede's free hand flick your forehead. You let out a small gasp as you pressed your hand against your forehead.

What would Leon do?

Without another thought Hop's body began to move on his own. He marched up to the both of you, making you both turn to look at him in confusion. Bede's hand immediately retracted, going back to stay on his side as he took a step back.

"What are you doing to her?!" Hop's voice came out a lot stronger than he thought it would. He stood in between you and Bede, his gaze harsh as he glared at Bede. Bede just returned the glare.

"We were just talking before you rudely interrupted, don't you know any manners?" Bede hissed.

"That didn't look like talking!" Hop turned to look at you, his hand moving your hair from the front of your face to the side. There a small red spot on your forehead from the flick Bede gave you earlier. You stared at Hop, confused as to what was happening. "If I didn't know any better, it looked like your were picking on her!"

"Huh?" You blinked in confusion.

"What are you even going on about? Have you lost the last screw in your head?" Bede sneered.

"Don't lie to me Mr. Student Body President! I know what I saw!" Hop snapped. He grabbed your hand with a surprising amount of gentleness. Before Bede could get a word in, Hop was already dragging you away. "Come on, let's go tell a teacher. I'll vouch for you"

"Hey- wait!" Bede's yells were ignored as you were dragged away with Hop. As you two walked around the school, you were trying to figure out what to say.

"Um... uh..." you stuttered, unsure of what to say. Hop glanced at you briefly, before abruptly stopping.

"Ah!" He jumped, his hand squeezing your own. You didn't mind too much, but you worried that you had scared him. Before you could talk Hop was already rambling. "I'm so sorry! I forgot that you were there- Ah your hand!"

He let your hand go, your hand suddenly feeling cold. You lifted your hands up in defense, hoping to wave it off. "Don't worry about it! Really, it's fine!"

Silence over took the both of you, neither of you sure of what to say. His face turned red from embarrassment as did your's. He let out an awkward smile as he tried to lighten the mood.

"So, Uh- what's your name? I don't think I asked before... that happened"

"Oh, I'm (Y/N)! You're Hop, right?" You asked, your hands clasped together. A nervous habit you had.

"You know me?"

"Well, somewhat. Your brother is Leon, right? The school's greatest basketball player?" Hop seemed to lighten up at that. He smiled proudly, giving you a peace sign.

"Yup! And I'll be school's next greatest basketball player!" You smiled, glad that the awkwardness left.

"Really? You must be good then!" You praised. Hop's cheeks were dusted in red. Suddenly he seemed to remember what he had set out to do.

"Ah! Wait! We need to go find a teacher!" He said, his hand already reaching to grab yours before he pulled away.

"But why?" You asked, oblivious to how it looked like Bede was picking on you.

"What do you mean why? The student body president was picking on you! We need to tell a teacher, he can't get away with this" Hop crossed his arms, a stern look on his face as you tried to remember where the teacher lounge was.

"But he wasn't really, it was just us joking around" you smiled, waving off the accusations.

"What?"

"Yeah, Bede- he offered to help me study for my next test. The forehead flick was just his way of showing he cares," you reassured him, placing a hand on his shoulder. With your free hand you pointed to your forehead, "See? It's not that bad. It doesn't even hurt!"

Hop frowned, still unsure of whether you were trying to cover for Bede or not. "Are you sure? Blink once if you're being threaten-"

You let out a small laugh, making Hop flush in embarrassment.

"Alright, I believe you," Hop sighed, his posture relaxing.

"(Y/N)!" Bede's voice echoed as he rounded the corner. As soon as he caught sight of you he sped on over. His hand grabbed your arm as he pulled you closer to him. Bede glared at Hop, who flinched. "What do you think you're doing? It's completely improper to grab anyone and drag them away from a conversation!"

"Ah- no wait- it was a misunderstanding!" Hop stuttered, a small twinge of guilt bubbled inside of him.

"Oh really now? You think that just because you're cute you can get away with this?" Bede hissed, a finger jabbing at Hop's chest.

"No I- wait, what did you just call me?" Hop's face flushed red again. Bede froze momentarily, before he turned around began pulling you along.

"N-nothing! You're hearing things! Come on (Y/N), we need to go study!" Bede spoke fast as he dragged you away. You gave Hop a small wave, smiling at him as you tried to keep up with Bede.

Hop stood in stop, frozen. What just happened.

Now that he thought about it, both you and Bede were rather cute...

——————————

((I'm working on the fake dating AU one shot rn, and I'm giving y'all a fair warning. It might be a little angsty))