002 | childhood friends

she's a flower, but she isn't soft;
when her petals fall, they hit like bullets

she's a flower, but she isn't soft;when her petals fall, they hit like bullets

WHEN SERENA GOT THE CALL from U.A. high school saying she was accepted, she wasn't surprised. Nor was she surprised when they told her that she got full marks on the written test. Serena was amazing. She wasn't going to deny that.

"Serena!" called her father, Rin, from the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready!" Grabbing her already packed bag, Serena made her way down the stairs, her eyes widening when she was met with the sight of her favourite food, blueberry pancakes. "Thought I'd make your favourite for your first day," smiled Rin cheekily, winking as he placed the plate of stacked pancakes on the table.

"Thanks, Dad," she said as she sat down, dropping her bag on the floor before slowly eating her food, savouring the taste.

"So, how are they?" asked her dad, nervously.

Serena looked up, flashing him a small grin that threw him off guard. "Delicious, as usual." Rin's face broke out into a broad grin, his eyes widening, and he wrapped his daughter into a tight hug. Serena smiled softly. She knew how much her compliments made his day. She wasn't very open nor talkative, so getting her to say something nice was award-winning.

"You better leave," he mumbled, quickly getting up and turning around, wiping away his tears of happiness. "You're gonna be late." Serena chuckled softly, nodding her head as she quickly finished up her food and left.

The walk to the school was quite short since she lived relatively close to it. She wasn't in any rush because, well, she really didn't care if she was late. Serena made her way through the year one area of the school, looking for the classroom that she would be stuck in for the next year. The girl caught sight of a man holding what seemed to be like a yellow sleeping bag.

"Hello, I'm Shota Aizawa. Your teacher." he introduced with no emotion whatsoever. He looked so dead. The rest of the class all gasped. Serena rose a brow.

What was wrong with him?

"You're late," he said, turning to look towards his blue-haired student that wore her uniform slightly incorrectly. Her tie hung loosely around her neck with her grey blazer opened, along with a few top buttons from the white blouse she was given. She felt restricted in her uniform.

"Sorry," she apologised though her face was void of any emotions, so it wasn't genuine, not that Aizawa cared. The rest of the class tried to peek out the windows to see the girl. Those who saw her froze, her beauty capturing them with just a glance.

"Right, let's get to it," he started, grabbing something out of his yellow sleeping bag. He held out a pile of U.A. tracksuits. "Put these on and head outside." He threw one to Serena, who caught it easily, before handing them to the rest of the class.

Serena made her way to the girl's changing room, already knowing where it was thanks to the tour Nezu showed her before she left. She was quick to change as she didn't want to chat with anyone at the moment. She left her blue hair untied, not really bothered to go through the hassle of putting it up into a pony-tail.