006 | affection from an anti-romantic

the mind replays what the
heart cannot delete

the mind replays what the heart cannot delete

RIN NOTICED HIS DAUGHTER WAS CHANGING. He realised this when his daughter came home with her eyes beginning to shine bright, just like it used too. And he would forever be grateful for the cause of this change.

"Morning," Serena greeted, walking down the stairs with her bag slung over her shoulder, uniform on incorrectly. She walked over to him, mindlessly placing a kiss on his cheek before sitting down, thanking him for the breakfast set in front of her.

Rin felt his whole body freeze on the spot. His entire body felt like it was flooded by warmth. His daughter had just kissed his cheek — something she hadn't done since the death of her mother. Serena was never one to show affection, she'd accept his, but she'd never reciprocate it. So, when she came down the stairs and actually kissed his cheek, it shook his whole world.

Serena dove into her food, which happened to be a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries on the side. Not hearing a reply from her dad, she looked up at him, raising a brow at his frozen expression.

"Dad? Are you alright?" Rin snapped out of his thoughts, beaming delightfully at his daughter.

"Yup," he said cheerily.

"Okay," she said, furrowing her brows as she watched her father sit down in the chair opposite her, eating his own breakfast. "Any plans for the day?" Although it felt slightly awkward to say this, as her father always started the conversation, Serena decided that it was time her father realised just how much she loved him. Bakugo, over the phone last night, told her that although Rin loved Serena a lot and was fine with the way she was now, they both knew it was false. Rin was an extrovert. He needed the same energy he gave off.

Rin felt himself almost chock on his oatmeal. Serena starting their breakfast table conversation surprised him. Nonetheless, he answered her, not wanting her to think that it was weird to start the conversation. "Nope. I'm probably going to finish my series of Netflix,"

Serena hummed. "You should go out more, dad," she advised softly. "You're always cooped up in the house. It's not healthy." Rin sighed, swallowing the food in his mouth. He knew his daughter was correct. But he couldn't do anything now that he didn't have a job.

"What am I supposed to do, though?" he asked. "There's nothing to do around here."

"Why don't you resume your hero job?" she suggested, taking Rin by surprise. "I know how much you miss it."

"Sweetie, you know I can't. Who's going to look after the house? Who's going to cook food or do the laundry or—" Rin's queries were cut off by the melodic sound that left Serena's lips. Her father's head snapped towards her, his spoon falling into the bowl as he watched his daughter shake her head in amusement.

"Dad, I'm not five. I can pull my own weight around here." she grinned. "We can do everything together." And it was then that Rin saw a vision of his beautiful wife sitting in front of him, the same smile on her face was on Serena's face. Rin could feel his eyes well up with tears. He was so unbelievably happy. His whole body began to wrack with sobs, and Serena's eyes widened in worry. "D-Dad?"