015 | pikachu

the brave acknowledges
the strength of others

HER FIRST BATTLE IN THE FINALS was against Kaminari

HER FIRST BATTLE IN THE FINALS was against Kaminari. Because of the unexpected turn of events, the lots had to be retaken. The first battle of the finals was Hitoshi vs Izuku. Then the winner would go against the winner of the next fight, Todoroki vs Sero. Whoever won that would go through to the semi-finals.

Battle group 2 was Aoyama vs Mina. The winner would go against the winner of the next battle, Iida vs Hatsume. The winner of that battle would go through the semi-finals.

Battle group 3 was Kaminari vs Serena. The winner would go against the winner of the battle after them, Tokoyami vs Yaoyorozu. The winner of the battle group would move on the semi-finals.

And the last battle group was Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu. The winner would go against the winner of the next battle, Bakugo vs Uraraka. The winner of that battle group would move to the semi-finals.

Serena decided against watching the others fight. She needed to gather her energy for her own battles. She did, however, wish her classmates good luck before leaving to the private room that was given to her class. She sat on the floor in the corner, plopping her earphones in and listening to music. With her head leaning back against the wall, Serena let the lyrics flood her like an early summer breeze. The songs weren't always upbeat, but they soothed her just the same. If these singers felt just like her, maybe she wasn't alone after all. With all thoughts of the festival forgotten, Serena brought her knees up to her chest and sucked in the smell of the faint scents of her classmates that lingered. It soothes her nerves. Serena knew that in order to win, she'd have to remain calm and play strategically. The only thing that calmed her was music.

Closing her eyes, Serena allowed her mind to relax, focusing on the power that flowed through her. She kept mental restraints on her time quirk, refusing to use it out in the open. She didn't need another target on her back from anyone else.

"Knock, knock." Raising her head, Serena watched as Kaminari walked in, a gleeful expression on his face. He walked over to her, sitting down next to her. "Do you mind?" he asked, motioning to the earbuds in her ear. Serena shook her head.

"Go ahead." Kaminari's grin widened (if that was even possible) and he placed the earbud in his ear, his eyes brightening up when he heard one of his favourite songs play.

"You listen to this as well?! I thought I was the only one!" Serena chuckled, her nerves slowly disappearing one by one. Even though they were about to go up against each other, Serena knew that there would be no hard feelings for whoever came out on top. The two sat close to each other, their shoulders pressed against each other in a position they both found very comforting. When she was near the blonde, she couldn't help but feel at peace. Something about him just relaxed her whole body and mind; it took all her worries away.