027 | shigi's in love

she's the type of flower that can
still grow after a forest fire

A BUZZ IN HER POCKET distracted Serena from the scene in front of her

A BUZZ IN HER POCKET distracted Serena from the scene in front of her. Making sure nothing was going to happen when she looked away, Serena pulled out her phone. Her brows furrowed when she saw a location post from Midroiya, confusion swirling in her eyes.

Why would he send that? she wondered, opening up the notification and seeing that he was here in Hosu. Serena felt something swirl in her gut, the same feeling she usually got when something was wrong. He must be in danger!

Glancing around, Serena knew that the people were safe. The Pros were here in action. She didn't necessarily need to be here. Serena bit her lip when she realised Izuku was quite far away. There was only one thing she could do that would get her to him quickly — without overusing her time quirk.

Okay, Serena. You've got this.

Remembering what Hawks said earlier, she closed her eyes, inhaling deeply and recalling the memories of her classmates, finding herself slowly relax. A grin tugged at her lips when she felt her power activate, the angelic winged mark on her back, which she found out about during her sexual activities with Hawks and Dabi, began to glow. A bright blue light illuminated around her as Serena bent forward, feeling something beginning to prod at the skin on her back. It was like a snake, slithering around, its fangs biting into her skin, trying to find a way out. She hissed, falling to her knees as a searing pain flooded her senses, her eyes shutting and a faint cry escaping her lips.

The people around her all watched in worry, wondering why the majestic blue-haired girl was glowing. Their concerns heightened when they heard her pained grunts, the heroes also freezing upon seeing the blue lighting up the road they stood on.

"Fuck," she cursed as she felt her skin rip apart, feeling something grow out of her back. It snapped out of her, and a sigh of relief escaped her and those around her as the glowing stopped, along with the pain. Turning to look over her shoulders, Serena awed at the wings attached to her body. They were made of ice crystals, a similar style to when she uses her ice quirk. Though they weren't as big as Hawks', they were still spectacular in size.

Not the time to awe over this, she commented, ignoring the gasps of wonder from the civilians that were overlooking the spectacle.

They were all staring at the blue-haired girl in astonishment, amazement shining clearly in their eyes. They knew of her incredible power — many had watched her fight in the U.A. sports festival. They were all in awe with the girl that possessed two powerful quirks.

But before they could question her, the hero-in-training rose her wings and vanished into a hazy blur.

With the destination imprinted into her mind, she took to the sky, her eyes training onto the route she memorised with just a glance. Serena, although new to the whole flying thing, felt like this was easy. She flew effortlessly, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of Midoriya's safety. The green-haired teenager was never one to send cryptic messages. He would always ramble on a clarification. So, him sending her just his location was a big sign that he was in danger.