008 | saving lives is a day-to-day occurrence

she needed a hero and
that's what she became

"TODAY'S TRAINING WILL BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT

"TODAY'S TRAINING WILL BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT." started their dead-looking teacher. "You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you."  

"Sir! What kind of training is this?" Sero asked, raising his arm, which Serena saw no point in doing as he went ahead and spoke.

"Rescue," Aizawa said as he pulled out a card. As he explained today's lesson, Serena felt her eyes drooping from both exhaustion and boredom. Last night, her dad came home and informed her that he was 'unretiring' as he called it and to celebrate, they stayed up all night binge-watching Rin's favourite show, Brooklynn Nine Nine. It was an American show in English, something he had come across a while back. It was how he was slowly learning the foreign language. Serena would always laugh when he messed up his sentence, finding it hard to stay serious when he tried to talk to her. "That's all. Start getting ready."

Serena got up and grabbed her costume case, walking to the changing rooms with a yawn escaping her lips. "I am so excited for this class!" beamed Hagakure, who rose her arm into the air. "It's going to be so cool!"

The blue-haired beauty quickly got into her costume, not wasting any time in the changing room. She wasn't bothered to get scolded at by Iida for being late. Serena, like most of the class, ignored Iida's instruction. The bus's open layout ruined it anyway. Serena was one of the last people to get on.

Seeing the only available seat next to Todoroki, she moved to sit there. She flashed the boy a small smile before slipping on her headphones. When the bus rode over a bump, Serena felt a weight on her shoulder. She glanced to the side and saw Todoroki fast asleep, his head leaning against hers. Not minding the position at all, Serena continued to listen to her music, zoning out her classmate's and unaware of the jealous glares that were thrown at the sleeping Todoroki.

"We're here, stop messing around." The bus pulled up to a stop in front of a large dome building. As the students piled out of the bus, Serena shook awake the teen next to her.

"Todoroki," she called softly, her shoulder movement stirring him awake. "We've arrived." When he lifted his head up, he felt slightly embarrassed that he fell asleep on her shoulder. However, something warm tingled within him at the fact that she didn't move or anything.

"Thank you," he mumbled before the two got out as well.

"Hello, everyone! I've been waiting for you." greeted the Space Hero: Thirteen. Serena stood by Todoroki, watching the class awe at the hero in front of them. "I can't wait to show you what's inside."

When they stepped into the building, Serena couldn't help the gasp that left her lips. Inside the dome were different types of rescue training areas. There was a mountain, a landslide, a place with collapsed buildings, a water area for a shipwreck, a red dome which she presumed was for fires and even a stormy area.