005 | revisiting trauma

damaged people are dangerous.
they know how to survive

THE BATTLE BETWEEN childhood friends went bad really quickly

THE BATTLE BETWEEN childhood friends went bad really quickly. But nobody was surprised. After all, Bakugo was out for revenge. And if there was something Serena remembered from their childhood, it was that Bakugo was one stubborn bastard.

When Midoriya and Bakugo were face to face, both of them ready to have the final move, Serena felt her whole body tense.

"They're going to kill each other! Sir!" Kirishima yelled, and Serena's eyes widened at the realisation. Her quirk acted on impulse when Bakugo's and Midoriya's fists were right at each other's faces. Time around her froze, and Serena ran over to the building. She carefully made her way upstairs, spotting the two quickly. She grabbed Bakugo's palm and pulled it an inch to the right while she moved Midoriyas full-powered arm to the ceiling.

She then went up to the top floor, pushing the brunette against the wall so she wouldn't get hit by the impact and also moving Iida so he wouldn't get injured either. If Uraraka acted smartly and quickly, she'd realise that she would be able to use her quirk to float over to the object and win the game.

Serena returned back to the monitor room and unfroze time, watching as Bakugo missed Midoriya's face while the latter's powerful punch managed to break the ceilings above him. Serena sighed in relief as Bakugo's explosion missed Midoriya by a hair, both of them shocked at the outcome as Midoriya looked above him and saw the hole he created unintentionally. Both were sure that they were going to punch either, but only one was grateful for the turn of events.

Midoriya was so fueled by rage that he forgot that Katsuki Bakugo was his best friend and he would always be his best friend, whether or not the blonde idiot accepted it. Bakugo was the one person that also fuelled his determination. Midoriya wanted to be just like Bakugo. Powerful.

The class of 1-A and All Might watched at the outcome of the battle. Like Serena predicted, Uraraka used her quirk to move over to the weapon, latching onto it and sealing Team A's win.

"Thank god," Serena said, placing a hand over her racing chest.

"W-what just happened?" growled Bakugo, glaring down at the boy that collapsed onto the floor. He stared at his own hands, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. He missed his attack on Midoriya, even though he knew his arm was in the right direction.

All Might announced the Hero team won and then went to retrieve the passed out Midoriya and load him onto the boats they had that would take him to Recovery Girl's office.

As the class discussed the events of the battle, Serena felt somewhat at ease. She managed to stop them both from being fatally injured, but she knew that Bakugo would still be extremely pissed. The quirkless boy he had grown up with had a quirk. And he believed that Midoriya hid it from him.