004 | hoot hoot

someday everyone will find
their place in the world

THE FIRST LESSON of the second day of school was English, taught by Present Mic

THE FIRST LESSON of the second day of school was English, taught by Present Mic. Thankfully, Serena was fluent in multiple languages, English being one of them. As she searched for a way to unfreeze time, to keep her from dying of boredom, she would learn new things. Learning new languages was no exception.

"Now, which of these four sentences contains a mistake." Present Mic asked as he held a book of English grammar in his hand. Serena sighed. This class was boring her. It was so basic and so simple. It was, all in all, ugh. "Hey, look alive, people! Grammar rules!" the pro hero burst, pumping his fists into the air.

Serena didn't know how someone could have so much energy in the morning.

"Come on, guys! Lay it on me!" when no one raised their hands, Yaoyorozu raised hers from the seat next to Serena. She was in between the two students that, like her, also got in by recommendations. "Miss Akari! Which sentence do you think is wrong?" the said girl rolled her eyes but answered anyway.

"The relative pronoun in the last sentence is placed incorrectly," she answered, leaning her head against the palm of her hand. The whole class froze at the sound of her voice. Even though she was obviously bored, her voice sounded like bells in the air.

"Correct, yet again!" Serena was getting annoyed by how much he was picking on her to answer the questions. She laid her head on the table, doodling on her notebook as she found no need in writing down notes for a subject she excelled in.

Todoroki glanced at the girl next to him, Serena Akari. The girl that froze time at such a young age. His father told him all about her. Her accident was kept between the top heroes only, but of course, Todoroki's father would tell him anything if it would give him an advantage in defeating anyone. He was, after all, his father's tool in becoming the number one hero family. And Shoto Todoroki despised it.

The sound of something tapping on glass caught Serena's attention, as well as the rest of the class. They all gasped as they looked towards the window. "Look, it's an owl!" Serena sighed. She knew it was her Mystique looking for attention.

"Come on, class! Settle down!" The students ignored Present Mic, most of them rushing to the window to inspect the owl. It wasn't common to see an owl in the part of Japan they lived in.

"It's so pretty!" Hagakure gushed as the beautifully detailed blue feathers of the creature's; it's deep scarlet eyes soft in the light. Ashido, Hagakure and Uraraka all awed over the creature that tilted its head to the side, curious about the unfamiliar people in front of her. Kaminari, Kirishima and Sero all commented on how fierce it looked. It was obviously used to humans as it wasn't afraid to sit close to the window.

Hearing the gushes coming from the girls, Bakugo couldn't help but peek over to the animal, his eyes widening as he recognised its features. "Oi," he called, looking back at the girl who captured the hearts of many. "Isn't that yours?"