011 | rumours, rumours

she was born a warrior

WHEN SERENA RETURNED BACK TO SCHOOL, she could hear the whispers of the other students, and she could see their eyes all trained onto her

WHEN SERENA RETURNED BACK TO SCHOOL, she could hear the whispers of the other students, and she could see their eyes all trained onto her. The blue-haired beauty rolled her eyes, straightening her back and daring anyone to meet her gaze. She wasn't in the mood for people.

Serena was standing by her locker, grabbing the things she needed for today when she heard someone approach her. "Hey," said a familiar voice. Serena didn't bother to check who it was. His voice was already memorised into her head.

"Hi, Shinso," she greeted the purple-haired male softly. She closed her locker, locking it before turning to him, a smile spreading across her sleepy face.

"I heard about what happened at USJ," Serena sighed, looking down at the floor. She was expecting him to make fun of her, to mock her for not being able to defeat the Nomu. "And I gotta say, you were fearless out there," Serena's eyes snapped open, shocked.

"W-what?" Shinso chuckled at her reaction. He rose his hand, ruffling her hair with what looked to be a fond smile on his face. Shinso would never admit it, but he was slowly falling for the girl that he barely even knew. Something about her just lit his day up. She became the reason he started to anticipate showing up to school. He just wanted to see her and only her.

"We sitting together at lunch?" Serena nodded, a grin breaking out across her face. Shinso's lips twitched upwards. "Alright. See you around, blue." He waved as he walked away. Serena felt the same happiness the purple-haired male felt. They both walked to their classes with smiles on their faces, but only one of them resumed their poker face when they stepped into their class.

"Hi, Serena!" greeted Ashido when she saw the blue-haired girl step into class. Serena flashed her a smile before making her way to the back of the class, saying hello to everyone as she did so. She didn't bother to converse with anyone, too tired to do anything. She rested her head against the desk, zoning out everything around her.

"SHUT UP!" Serena jumped slightly, not expecting Katsuki's screaming in the morning. "GROW A PAIR LOSER!" she rolled her eyes, turning so her head was laying flat against the table.

"Attention! Homeroom class is about to begin!" Serena felt her eye twitch in annoyance. She just wanted some peace and quiet. "Everyone stop talking and take your seats."

"Iida," she called from the back, not even bothering to lift her head. "You're the only one standing up," the male blushed in embarrassment and hurried to his seat, ignoring the snickers of his classmates. Serena sighed in relief once the class fell into silence only for that to be broken when their equally broken teacher walked in.

Unlike the rest of the class, Serena knew their teacher was coming in today. He was the only thing her father was talking about in the morning over breakfast. Rin was practically gushing about the taller male, saying how courageous he was and how determined he was to teach his class. Serena thought that was absolute bullshit. Knowing Aizawa, he'd probably take a nap halfway through.