Chapter 1

It was a sunny but rather cold day. September was almost gone and the colors were changing at a fast pace, from the green of the summer to the crimson and brown of the autumn. A light wind was blowing.

You could see people on the streets wearing long coats and scarves. Most of them were hurrying to the subway or to the bus stations.

At first glance nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but on a closer look, one woman stood out from the rest. She had long blond-white hair and was wearing a dark green coat, with a black scarf and matching black boots. She walked rather fast, hurrying towards a rather obscure building complex. There was no doubt it was inhabited by muggles. Loud noises could be heard from the people living there, their TVs and other home appliances. Also, at each window you could see either plants, cats or laundry.

The blond woman entered the first building on the left, heading for the top floor. There she stopped and looked around for a moment as if deciding which door she should go to. She looked so out of place there. Her clothes, her walk and posture, all indicated a high status person.

She eventually picked the door furthest away from the stairs and knocked twice, then waited. After a moment she heard a voice and the door opened, revealing a young man of around 22 years old. He had dark hair, green eyes and round glasses.

He gaped at the woman without uttering a single sound. After a few moments he seemed to recover his senses. His brow furrowed and his mouth closed in a very thin line.

,,What are you doing here, Mrs. Malfoy?", he asked through clenched teeth.

,,Mr. Potter" she said impatiently, ,,I have a matter of urgency to discuss with you".

,,What could you possibly have to discuss with me?!" he almost yelled.

,,Something that I would rather talk about indoors" she said without batting an eyelid at his tone.

He pondered for a moment, measuring her, feeling almost temped to shut the door in her face, but he finally decided against that. He slowly opened the door for her to enter.

The flat was small but very neat. Harry Potter apparently grew up to be a very organized man, who liked to tidy his place regularly.

,,What do you want?" Harry asked as soon as they were inside.

,,I see you're as polite as ever" Narcissa replied crunching up her nose, visibly displeased.

,,I'm as polite as your visit warrants, Mrs. Malfoy" he retaliated.

She took a sit on one of the armchairs without waiting to be invited. As far as she was concerned, two could play the ,being rude' game.

,,I'm here because I want to ask for your help" she said with forced calmness.

,,Help? You've come to ask ME for help?" he asked incredulously.

,,Yes. My son, Draco...well...he's been having certain problems" Narcissa started slowly but stopped. She closed her eyes for a moment before continuing.

,,Ever since the war and the trials have ended he's been unwell. At first he left home, then started working with suspicious people and eventually he got himself involved with drugs. In the beginning it was just from time to time, when it got harder to live with the memories. Yes, Mr. Potter, we do have memories and a soul, if I might add, regardless of what you may think." she said, seeing Harry's mocking expression.

,,After a while he started to consume more and more..." she trailed off.

,,So your son decided to renounce the wizarding world crimes and dedicate himself to muggle ones?" Harry asked raising an eyebrow.