Chapter 21

The group had finally been able to think of a plan. In the end, they had compromised, deciding that Hermione could continue her counseling sessions with Caleb, while Draco stood on guard, accompanied by either Harry or Ron. The others were tasked with the security of the area and with making sure to keep and eye out at everything or everyone that seemed suspicious. Harry decided that he couldn't trust his Aurors with this, and therefore, concluded that he will give them other tasks, such as following the traces of the Death Eaters group and analyzing related cases.

After the conversation was over, they said their goodbyes and took turns in leaving the flat, until Harry and Ron were the only ones left besides Draco and Hermione.

Ron gave Hermione a tight hug, keeping her in his arms for a bit longer. That made Draco frown and look away. His eyes fell on Harry, who was staring at him intently.

,,Nice speech you had there." Harry said, the corners of his mouth twitching slightly.

,,Shut up, Potter." Draco grumbled, purposely avoiding turning his head when he heard Hermione laugh at something Ron said.

,,No, I mean it." Harry continued, more serious this time. ,,I know how difficult and stubborn Hermione can be. I also know you were right. She most surely would have come up with a crazy plan involving her taking on Merlin knows how many Dark wizards by herself. The war changed her, made her more impatient but also made her stronger."

Harry turned to look at his friends, Draco followed his gaze. Ron had released Hermione but was still holding her by the hands. Draco let out a sound of displeasure.

,,Stronger perhaps but it has also made her impossibly stubborn, and not to mention reckless. I believe she resembles you from your Hogwarts years. All those stupid hero moments you had back then." Draco snarled.

Harry let out a hearty laugh.

,,Perhaps. That's why I am worried about her. All those years ago, I always had her by my side to temper me when I was being reckless, always there to make me see reason and make sure I do the right thing. Unfortunately, I haven't reached her level of maturity yet and I might not be able to give her the same support she has given me." Harry finished with a sad smile.

Draco turned to look at Harry in surprise.

Did he actually admit that?

In the meantime, Hermione and Ron walked towards Harry and Draco, unwittingly positioning themselves on either side of Harry.

Old habits die hard, I guess. Draco thought, looking at the Trio in front of him.

,,We'll be off, then." Ron said, clapping Harry on the back. ,,Don't forget Hermione, mum is expecting you at the Burrow next week for a family dinner."

Ron stopped, looking at Draco seriously, pondering about something really hard.

,,I guess you could bring him as well. After all, I doubt he will be alright with you going without him." he said slowly.

Draco frowned.

,,That's a great idea!" Harry said grinning widely. ,,That way we can discuss more about our plan, while enjoying Molly's amazing cooking."

,,We'll be glad to accept the invitation, isn't that right, ... Draco?" Hermione said, turning at him pointedly. A small smile tugged at her lips.

,,W-what?" Draco stuttered, taking a small step back and goggling at Hermione as if it was his first time seeing her. His eyes went wide, and his pale complexion was starting to become slightly scarlet.

,,Then it's settled! We'll be waiting for you there." Ron concluded, trying hard to keep back a laughter.

He nudged Harry and they both disappeared with a crack, leaving Hermione and Draco alone in the common room.