Chapter 4

Sorry for the long wait. I had some doubts regarding a few details but everything is clear now and I hope I'll be able to update sooner next time.^^
I hope you'll enjoy this chapter ^~

,,Have you come here to gloat?” Draco Malfoy asked in smoldering fury, looking away from Hermione, as if her image alone would make him sick.

After deciding to accept Narcissa’s offer, Hermione thought whether it would be better to write her a letter or tell her in person. Hermione knew Harry would keep his promise to Narcissa and inform her of Hermione’s decision, but she felt it was too…impersonal. She would be staying in the woman’s house after all so wouldn’t it be rude not to communicate directly? Thus, after pondering for some time, Hermione decided to go to the hospital and talk to Narcissa herself. 

That is why she was now finding herself standing in the doorway of Draco’s hospital room, starting to think that this might not have been a good idea after all.

Taking a deep, calming breath, she took a step inside the room.

,,No” she answered, stopping two steps away from Draco’s hospital bed.

,,Then why are you here?” he asked again, in the same disdainful tone.

,,I came to speak to your mother” Hermione replied calmly. 

,,She’s not here, as you can clearly see, therefore you can have no business in this room” he threw at her, still looking away.

Hermione took another deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment. She decided she wouldn’t be afraid or let herself be intimidated by his nasty attitude. She made the decision to come here for a reason and so she will fulfil her mission and then go. Nothing will dissuade her, not even the barely masked fury in Draco’s voice or his avoiding to look at her. She knew him well and she was used to it. 

,,Then I will wait for her.” Hermione said, making her way towards the only chair in the room.

,,Leave!”

Draco’s voice and tone made Hermione freeze. She stopped dead in her tracks and turned around slowly to look at Draco. He was finally looking at her, but his gaze was filled with anger and loath to such a degree that she instantly wished he would look away again. 

,,I am not leaving until your mother comes back” she said firmly, supporting Draco’s gaze without blinking.

,,I told you to leave” he growled at her.

,,And I told you I will wait here” she retorted stubbornly. 

At this Draco had enough. He leaped from his bed, closing the distance between him and Hermione in a second. He grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her into the wall. Emotions battled inside him and that made it impossible for him to think clearly. 

After everything that had happened he felt so angry, disappointed and empty, his thoughts and feelings were swirling fast inside his mind and he wanted to lash out. He was sure that would at least ease the tension and anxiety a little bit. That and the fact that he loathed the woman in front of him, made him act without a second thought. She made him so angry, ever since he knew her she had made him feel angry and frustrated, like he was never working hard enough or study hard enough.

,,Why are you really here, you… mudblood?” he threw the last word in her face like a slap.

Draco felt satisfied with the result of his insult, but only lasted for a short moment. Upon hearing his words, Hermione flinched but recovered quickly, placing a mask of firmness on her face and looking Draco in the eye.