Chapter 19

The next day Harry left for the flat straight from the Ministry. He felt very anxious about having to talk to Hermione, but Ginny's words still resounded in his mind. Hermione had to find out from him, she deserved that. She was his friend, his best friend, not a child that needed protecting by being lied to or by having things concealed from her.

She must have had her reasons for not wanting to talk to me about what happened. Malfoy said she thought I would worry. Well, she was right about that.

With those thoughts he sent his Patronus ahead to let them know of his visit. A few minutes later he materialized in the common room of Hermione and Draco's flat. The image that waited him there shocked him out of his words.

Hermione and Draco were glaring at each other, the only obstacle between them was an armchair. They both had their wands raised at each other and because of the yelling they hadn't noticed Harry arrive. He simply gaped at them, unsure of whether to call out to them or wait a little longer for them to finish their fight. He had a bad feeling this argument was precisely because of what he came there to talk about.

,,You foul... evil... How could you do that? I told you not to do it." Hermione was yelling at Draco.

Her hair looked bushier than ever and her eyes shone bright with fury. She sent a curse in Draco's direction, but he easily deflected it with a lazy wave of his wand.

,,I have no idea what you're talking about, Granger." Draco drawled, in all appearance looking relaxed, but Harry knew better. The way he was holding his wand at the ready and his posture showed he was ready for everything Hermione was about to throw at him.

At least he's smart, not underestimating Hermione. Harry thought.

,,Don't play stupid, you bloody Slytherin." Hermione bit out.

,,For sure, I do not know what my house has anything to do with the reason you are so angry." Draco replied, slightly frowning. ,,I thought house differences were resolved after the war and everyone lived happily ever after at Hogwarts."

,,Stop trying to play smart, Malfoy." Hermione snapped.

,,Oh, first I'm stupid, then I'm smart. Would you decide already which one I am, Granger? You're confusing me." Draco sneered at her.

In response, Hermione threw another curse at him. The white flash came at Draco so fast that he was barely able to dodge it. It landed on the wall behind him, leaving a deep dent.

,,I told you not to tell Harry. You promised you wouldn't" Hermione said with an angry huff, her eyes narrowing even more dangerously at Draco.

She started walking, slowly trying to go around the armchair, but Draco mimicked her and kept the same distance between them.

,,No, you told me not to call him. And that I didn't. You never said anything about not talking to the bloody Chosen One afterwards. I never broke any stupid promises." Draco said, now angry as well.

,,Yes, you're right. There was never a promise between us. It was my fault for believing your word would mean anything." Hermione bit out.

Draco's eyes darkened. He and Hermione shot glares at each other for a moment before shouting in the same time.

,,Stupefy!"

,,Stupefy!"

,,PROTEGO!" bellowed a third voice.

Harry had moved from his spot and got close enough to cast the shield charm between them. Both their curses hit the shield, and, with a small flash of white light, they disappeared.