Chapter 8

I hope you all enjoy this chapter. It was very fun for me to write ^^ What would Draco do without friends ^~

Two weeks after moving into the flat with Hermione, Draco had received a letter. It came with a black owl, which pinched his finger after delivering the letter. He recognized it instantly.

Blaise

Ever since they were at Hogwarts, Blaise had trained his black owl to pinch Draco's fingers every time it delivered him letters containing good news. At first Draco had been annoyed but it soon began to feel like something personal, like a secret sign only Blaise and he knew. It might have been childish but that made him feel special for someone.

That day, the same owl came and, as it pinched his index finger, Draco knew what the content might be about. Blaise was writing him, informing Draco about something that made him happy. Sure enough, as soon as he opened the letter, Draco read the following:

My Dear Draco,

Draco grimaced. He never liked the way Blaise was always teasing him by saying My Dear in every one of his letters. But he had to admit that his friend will probably never change. Therefore, he ignored the addressing method and continued to peruse the letter keenly.

I am writing you from Scotland. I just came back from Italy yesterday and I should arrive in London tomorrow evening. I'll Apparate at your place tomorrow, at 6 PM, so make sure you let me enter or else I'll send you a cursed letter.

Also, depending on how much I like the time I spend with you, I might prolong my visit in England indefinitely. I miss your ugly face and nasty attitude.

Love,

From me to myself as always

Draco folded the letter smiling to himself. It was just like Blaise to write something like that.

Ugly face and nasty attitude? Who's he kidding, Draco thought, his feelings swinging from being amused to being annoyed.

Tomorrow evening at 6PM, Blaise had written. That meant he knew the address already.

Mother, perhaps.

He didn't consider his address to be a secret but regardless, it still made him feel uncomfortable knowing people could find him so easily. But Blaise wasn't just any people. He had been a good friend of his for many years and they had their methods of finding each other.

Putting the letter onto the desk, Draco took a deep breath. He will have a visitor tomorrow, but he wasn't alone in the house. He cringed at the thought of who else was in there. He thought whether he should tell Hermione about Blaise's visit or not.

Why would I? he told himself, annoyed at the thought. He's coming to visit me, why should she know about it? It's not like I have to report to her everything I do.

He battled with the idea for a few hours before finally deciding to let her know tomorrow. It was good enough that he gave her a heads up, he didn't have to make an effort and tell her one day ahead. With that decision made, Draco scribbled a reply to Blaise's letter and tied it to the black owl's leg.

***

The next morning, Draco waited for Hermione to bring him his treatment potions thinking that was probably the best time to tell her about Blaise's visit. Therefore, instead of keeping his door tightly shut like he usually did, he opened the door wide enough to see her face.

,,Someone is coming over today" he said breathlessly, before taking the tray from her hands and shutting the door in her face.

Hermione remained still, eyes wide with surprise. She barely got to hear his words before the door was shut in her face, but she thought she caught the words today and coming over. So, someone was coming to visit Draco today. That was good enough for her. As it was Friday, she had plans of going out on her usual Friday errand and thus she could avoid anyone that came and allow Draco to receive his guest without interruptions.