Chapter 13

,,I take it she's still upset with me?" Blaise asked sheepishly, watching Hermione as she left the common room.

He'd come to visit Draco again, this time careful to Apparate in the common room.

,,Mhm" Draco said paying attention only in half.

He was trying to finish a potion and it required most of his concentration not to mess up the measuring of the ingredients."

,,Being the Queen of the Golden Trio one would think she'd be above holding a grudge" Blaise grumbled.

,,She was the only girl in the Golden Trio, Blaise, of course she'd be a Queen. Who else would it be if not her? Potter?" Draco said, frowning in concentration, his tongue sticking slightly out of his mouth.

,,I'd say Weasley was the more prominent candidate for that" Blaise said appearing to think seriously.

Taken by surprise, Draco chuckled and gave Blaise an amused look.

,,You have a point there, Blaise."

,,I know I do", Blaise said smugly.

,,Always the modest" Draco sighed, shaking his head.

,,You're one to talk. For YOU modesty isn't even in the dictionary" Blaise scoffed.

Draco grinned and clapped his hands together.

,,Done!" he said.

He looked proudly at the cauldron. The potion inside was shimmering, sending silvery vapors into the air. It looked as though the moon had been melted inside it.

,,The Draught of Peace" he said with a satisfied smile.

,,Fantastic" Blaise proclaimed, clapping his palms together, in fake excitement. ,,Now do you think we can get out of here and have some fun?"

,,Yes yes" Draco said impatiently. ,,Just give me a moment and we can Apparate away at the bar"

,,Apparate?! No no, I want to walk there. It's been ages since I had walked anywhere" Blaise said mournfully.

,,What is it with you people and walking?" Draco mumbled, while he put the potion into two flasks and cleaned the kitchen and cauldron with a wave of his wand.

,,What was that?" Blaise inquired, not really paying attention to his friend. He was looking out the window.

,,Nothing. Just that you're a prat" Draco snapped scowling at his friend.

,,Right back atcha" Blaise retorted calmly, not looking at Draco.

A few minutes later they were out the door and onto the street that lead to the Leaky Cauldron. Suddenly, Draco turned to look back. He had the distinct feeling they were being followed. He stopped dead in the middle of the street, glanced around, carefully registering every detail, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. A few people passed them by, but no one stopped to give them a second look.

,,Everything alright?" Blaise said, looking at Draco in mild surprise. He had walked a few feet away before realizing his friend had stopped.

,,Mh, yes, everything alright" Draco replied, frowning slightly, still shooting glances around.

When they reached the Leaky Cauldron, Draco and Blaise both seated themselves at a table far in the back. Being the second time there in two days, Draco had gotten used to the stares and people pointing at him. At least, it wasn't worse than it had been before, he just was able to ignore it better. Being with Blaise also helped.

,,How I missed a good drink" Blaise was saying as the drinks were delivered to their table.

,,What are you talking about, Blaise. I'm sure you drink at home plenty of times" Draco smirked at his friend.