03 | Handshake

Chapter 03: Handshake

It is criminal to look the way Luke does.

He's a safety hazard, I swear. How can you concentrate on anything else?

Cearra and I stared at him as he crossed the street like something out of a fantasy. A hot, twisted, teenage fantasy.

Her eyes stayed glued on Luke as she asked me, "Is it weird that you went on a date with him but in my mind we're already married with three kids and a dog named Claude?"

My phone buzzed again. Must be another candy crush notification, but I was busy staring at my real-life candy crush.

"Wow," Cearra breathed, "How do we watch this in slow mo?"

Luke smirked at her reaction, and then his eyes landed on me. His smirk transformed into a smile.

"Minnie."

I could tell – I could seriously tell – from the way he said my name that his mother told him what just happened. How she overheard us talking about his hot, naked body.

Sure enough, his mischievous look reappeared, "If you're going to talk about my body, you might as well say it to my face."

Oh, brother.

"Now that's a line," Cearra squealed. "I'm embarrassed for us."

Please, it's nothing he hasn't heard before.

Even though his deep voice carried appeal, I couldn't resist the urge to put him in his place, "Your mother tells you that often?"

For some reason, when it comes to Luke, I don't lose my tongue. He smiled at my reaction and stepped closer towards me. Very close. Extremely close. Cearra's eyes popped out of her sockets as she stared at us.

That's when I started to get nervous. My heart beat fast, remembering what happened last time we were this close. How softly he touched me. How he made me feel...

Not to mention how he was doing this in front of my friend.

What do I do? How do I even greet him in front of others?

Oh no.  I didn't know how to react, so I just went with my instinct... 

Which is never a good idea. My instincts are not normal. I'm sure I've mentioned that before.

I gave him a handshake.

Seriously. A hand shake.

His blue eyes trailed from my eyes down to my hand and I was embarrassed for myself. Yup. I went for the shake. And he ignored it. He took my hand and pulled me in for a kiss.

I fell towards him. My lips pressed against his and I melted against his soft lips and hard body. His black t-shirt was made of thin fabric and I could feel his rock-hard abs underneath them. His hands slowly trailed down my arms.

"Firm handshake," he said without interrupting our kiss.

I broke away, "Aren't you cold? you're only wearing a t-shirt."

Why am I telling him to put on more clothes? What is wrong with me?

"I feel warm."

"OH MY GAAAAAAAD," Cearra gasped, interrupting us, "I can't believe it. OK I can believe it. No! I can't!"

**

I went for the handshake and he went for the kiss.

Classic.

As Cearra freaked out over the unlikely pairing that is Luke Dawson and me, I excused us from the limelight and pulled him by his shirt over to the side.